44: Tigress Trap (2)

Chapter 44: Tigress Trap (2)

"I am seriously not in any mood for dinner.."

Greer yawned as she walked from the fridge with bottles of beer in her hands. "This old woman is gonna drink with the man of the house~ you little girls should go to sleep."

Greer Nelson was down to her typical clothes right after reaching home, now wearing just a black sports bra and shorts.

"Oh, piss off! I'll be 18 in a few months." Anna complained to her suggestion and yanked a bottle from Greer's hands.

Anna Marie had also changed to casual attire. She wore a large white t-shirt that hung from her chest, coupled with white shorts that hugged her round creamy thighs.

"Isn't your birthday in April next year?" Greer kept along with her joke. That's like six more months. Enrique~ tell your little girl to go to sleep."

Greer didn't put up any fight to stop Anna from having the bottle and just sat down on the floor near the couch.

"It's fine, she can drink for today. But just today, okay, Anna? Or else Papa will listen to aunty Greer and get mad." Enrique played along with a chuckle.

Enrique Nova was wearing a white shirt that looked somewhat tight for his large build, so he had the sleeves rolled up and the two buttons near his collar loosened. He looked like an office man back home after a tiring day at work.

He was sitting near the couch already, and Greer just sat down on his left side. Anna sat down to his right and stuck her tongue like a little girl in response to his words.

"I think 'Papa' should keep his mouth shut."

"I think someone is being rude today."

"Is that so? I think it's not me."

Anna smiled at him mischievously while opening a bottle cap.

"Huh. You two sure are funny. Well, if that's the case," Greer ignored the two weirdos and looked to the side, on the couch. "You should return to your room and sleep, Ava."

"Huh, why? I am an adult, you know?" Ava blinked while lying on the couch near the group. "I already graduated from high school. I just didn't enter college yet because I had a certain Ninja Clan after me and had to keep hiding."

"Heh," Greer smirked. "I am not suggesting this because of your age. But... well, you know, a beer party can be dangerous for a single little girl like you. Have you ever gotten excessively drunk before?"

"A little, and stop with your tease." Ava climbed down from the couch to join the group, forcing a square with the beer bottles in the middle. "Why would it be dangerous? I don't think a guy like Enrique will... try anything weird. Moreover, since you two are here to stop him in the worst-case scenario."

"Are you talking about precautions against me while I am beside you?" Enrique faked surprise and blinked at her.

"Yeah? Is there a problem? We can't be too sure about men who are drunk, you know? At least, I also said I know you wouldn't try anything." Ava giggled. "I am just kidding, don't mind me."

To the side, Greer had a terribly guilty look that she quickly hid. She sighed while muttering sorry and opening a bottle to take a long gulp.

"Ahh! Now this feels great!" Greer returned to her former self and burped. "Just like the day earlier, today was great."

"Because you're back to your human form?"

"Of course, why else will I consider this day nice?" Greer replied with a raised eyebrow at Enrique's question. "Surely not because you got a car. It's not as if it's my car."