35: The Hand (2)

Chapter 35: The Hand (2)

Though the Demon, aka the Monster, was the true leader of the Hand, it also had five sub-leaders who managed the clan majority of the time.

They were titled the Five Fingers of Hand.

Murakami was one such 'finger' whose base of operations was in Japan, so he rarely left this country. Therefore, this mission of attacking Super-Nova was passed onto Alexandra Reid, the 'finger' who operated in America.

Currently, in Hell's Kitchen, New York, on the top floor of the skyscraper that was the headquarters of Midland Circle, Alexandra Reid sighed as she sat in her office and rubbed her temple.

"This is so foolish."

Amongst the five Fingers, Alexandra could be said to be the leader. She saw herself as the smartest among her peers, even though all five of them had lived three lifetimes in this world.

Alexandra was not an evil mastermind, she was a businesswoman as well and was actually planning to contact Super-Nova's civilian persona to talk about this game company he was building.

All those plans just got poured water on by this single call from Murakami, who let her know about the Demon's recent decision.

Worst of all, this idiotic plan was ordered to be initiated tonight; uncaring of the important appointments she had as a businesswoman.

"No, I am not going."

Alexandra decided after a moment of thinking, gritting her teeth in frustration as she spoke to herself.

"I may be immortal, but this guy is a menace. He easily defeated the Mutant Hero Magneto, and then proceeded to change the weather of the entire city in his fight with this Electro guy. No, I will not fight this person."

It's not as if the others could blame her either; as long as she sent enough useful soldiers after Enrique tonight. Nobody specified that she needed to be present there in person, after all.

"That Nobu Yoshioka who works under Murakami," Alexandra recalled. "He is nearby, in Hell's Kitchen. He should be able to lead a group of Ninjas to attack the house."

If someone were to die, it could be Murakami's dog for all she cared.

"50 Ninjas should suffice, I think." Alexandra noted.

Soon, however, she shook her head. 'But wait, against four strong super-powered individuals, that may not work. Then, 100, perhaps?'

One hundred Ninjas, she recalled, maybe the right number needed to get this mission through.

In her opinion, it would be a miracle if Enrique and his friends survived since this would be a secret attack performed with great caution.

"Alright, let's get this through."

* * *

"At the very least, this would not be a surprise attack, though the Hand expects us to be oblivious to all this."

The Hand wasn't a part of Hellfire Club, and therefore it's not under Emma's control. So if Emma didn't want to look desperate on taking Enrique down, she possibly couldn't have revealed to the Hand that she had threatened him of not being able to sleep tonight; which if she had indeed revealed, the Hand would be less prone to attack in this night. If they do, then it would seem like they're following Emma's orders which would hurt their ego.

Therefore, the attack might not happen tonight; but if it does then Emma must have used some other trickery, possibly with her mind powers, to initiate the attack right on this night.