23: Bastard (2)

Wish to read chapters ahead of Patreon? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 23: Bastard (2)

———

Two days ago, Spider-Man re-emerged in a new, far fancier hero costume. It looked professional, this time around, rather than the amateur work before.

Problem was, people hadn't recognised him on the first day he appeared, which had caused some problems— but it had been taken care of after SHIELD, who realised it really was the man spider based on his routine work, pulled some strings to calm things down.

Not long after, people also realised that it really was their friendly neighbourhood hero.

In short, the problem was smoothly dealt with, which meant it was a good thing for SHIELD. Yet, Nick Fury couldn't be more pissed.

Fury was frowning deeply as he watched the report on his desk.

He was happy that the case with Spider-Man was dealt with, but now another problem had appeared.

The rising superhero, Supernova. He turned out to have a new sidekick, who was the same girl from the train incident a few days ago. Anna Marie– the name SHIELD found out– went by the superhero name Rogue.

Truth be told, the problem wasn't that Enrique was promoting a minor to do Hero works. No, that was far from the problem as long as Enrique knew how to keep her safe.

More vigilantes didn't always mean a bad thing– given the plans Fury had for them– but this time around it posed a problem.

Recently, these two Supers had caused a scene in a civilian neighbourhood, initiating a pretty loud and catchy fight. Sure, the two women he fought were labelled as criminals, stretching back to the destroyed Dojo incident six months ago. But still, to endanger civilian life like that?

Fury was starting to feel annoyed at this Nova.

Enrique Nova had changed his residence, but it wasn't particularly hard for SHIELD to track down his new location. So Fury could contact him anytime he wished. Problem was that SHIELD didn't have many things about Enrique beyond his powers.

A durable super-suit and an invisible mask with similar defensive properties– these two were the only thing SHIELD managed to gather beyond the apparent powers such as Flight and his Tiger Transformation.

However, it's not as if SHIELD planned to subdue him, as he wasn't an all-out villain, so knowing what his powers were didn't matter yet. They had to know his personality, more of his personal life, before Fury could go meet him.

"Hmm," Fury scratched his chin as he briefed Enrique's file once more. "Hill, he has a game development company? What's the list of his workers?"

"Sir," Hill, who had just walked in the office, paused in her spot before smiling. "He... doesn't have any workers."

"Huh." Fury raised an eyebrow.

"The company only has one simple mobile under its name, so he may have made it by himself, though it probably took him months," Hill said. "In short, he is the only person in his company."

"For now," Fury smirked. "Ten buck says he's the ambitious type, so he would want to grow his company. So recruitment is inevitable. Keep an eye out online for any announcement about recruitment from Nova Games. Send some agents around the pubs, bars, and other active places in his area too. Then we wait."

"Yes, sir." Hill nodded.

Fury's eyes shone in a dark light as he contemplated something.

* * *