Untitled Part 49

Chapter 49: Start of Something Great... Or is it?

"So what's the story?" asked Enrique as he sat with a cup of coffee on the table. "You are looking much better than last night, by the way."

Mary Jane Watson, the red-haired girl from last night, was sitting opposite him. She was wearing office clothes as if to interview, as that's exactly why she came here.

Last night, after being saved by Supernova, and offered a job to boot, Mary Jane was gracefully dropped to her home.

It was late, so Enrique dropped her at her home by the sky. As flying was new to her, on top of her prior drinking, MJ threw up and made a mess. That's why, hearing his compliment, she blushed in embarrassment when she recalled that incident.

'He left me his card last night...' MJ meekly looked at him as she thought. 'I didn't think he was serious, but he really does own a company.'

Enrique Nova, the founder, and CEO of his own company, [Nova Games]. He was now sitting across from her, in a casual suit.

MJ actually didn't have many expectations when she left her home today, deciding to attend the 'interview'. She wasn't sure if her skills were enough to work for a Superhero- businessman.

"Miss Watson?" Enrique called her gently, shaking her out of her head with a flinch. "Is everything alright?"

MJ nodded quickly. It was somewhat weird that the interview was happening in a coffee shop (albeit a very luxuriant one), but she didn't question it. He must have his own reasons.

"By the way, I don't actually have an office yet, so the appointment was set here. I hope you don't mind," Enrique sipped his caramel frappuccino. "It'd have been unprofessional to call you to my villa."

"It's fine," MJ took a deep breath, released it, and said. "My boyfriend... I guess he's my ex now. Anyway, I don't wish to share the details, but basically, he is the son of the CEO of a big company. He got me a good job there, though please don't mistake it for the lack of my abilities. If you check the CV in front of you, you'll realize I am more than capable."

"Yes, of course." Enrique took a quick look and nodded. "So you and your boy broke up and he fired you? What a bitch move. What sort of man does that?"

"...." MJ didn't say anything.

It was much more complicated than that, the reason for their breakup wasn't... normal. Harry wasn't normal. Not anymore. Perhaps it was a family trait? Either way, MJ didn't even want to know.

"Anyhow, I have heard about you." Enrique continued. "Not to make it creepy, but I mean to say I know exactly which company you worked for and therefore, who your boyfriend was. I didn't randomly offer you the job, it was a lucky encounter that I met you just when I needed someone like you. So honestly," he pushed the CV away. "I don't need to see this. I know what you can do for me."

Mary Jane Watson. Actress. The executive assistant of Tony Stark. Professional fashion model. Nightclub owner. All these were the works she had done in the comics. Enrique didn't know why he even remembers these.

She did precisely the work of an assistant in the comics, more so for Tony fucking Stark, so she wasn't a bad catch for this job. It was rather true to say this was a lucky encounter.

"Rather than the CV," Enrique leaned back on his chair. "Let's talk about the flexibility of this job. As you saw me last night, I am a hero, business isn't the only thing I have to do. So as my assistant, you'll have to be a lot more flexible compared to any other. Starting from..."