47: The Tiger God

Chapter 47: The Tiger God

Ava Ayala has been a part of their little group for over a few weeks now. So her sudden leaving left a gap in the residents—namely on the two other girls.

However, over time, as the day grew, the two girls came to realize and accept that it was better for her to leave. For Greer, she would rather have Ava away than force her on staying here. More so since her plans have failed once already. It was better for her to approach life in a more casual manner, attend her college and all that.

Anna too felt guilty since it was she who received the Amulet from Ava. Was this the right thing to do?—a part of her asked.

At this point, she had come to accept that Enrique wasn't your typical 'Hero' and some might not even consider him a hero at all. So asking if this was the right thing to do may not be the smartest question to ask. Anna accepted in the end, that yes, Ava was better away from here, for both parties, and that she will use the Amulet in a more responsible way.

That day much didn't happen in the house. It was a silent day. Enrique focused on his computer work while the two girls spent their time doing mostly nothing.

Then the next day came, and Enrique woke them up in the early morning. It was time for them to train.

"Alright, you two have to stop with this depressed air around you. We need to get stronger, and fast. An unimaginable force is approaching, I believe, and it might just kill us if we aren't ready." Enrique let them know as he stood in his gym clothes in front of them.

Greer and Anna both were wearing their sports bras, and they frowned upon hearing him. Both girls were aware that his source of worries was always reliable, so he mustn't be joking here. Something was coming?

"Let's start with Anna," Enrique turned to her. "Now that you have the Amulet, it should be easy to spar with us since our strength level is much closer than before. Tell me, how does the Amulet feel?"

"It feels great, actually," Anna told truthfully. "It's as if I am full of energy, which is a good feeling. I feel similar when I suck powers out of people, but that lasts momentarily while this is lingering and stasis."

"Huh. Is that so?" Enrique reached out a hand. "Here, let me take a look."

"Sure," Anna took it off and reached out her hand to give it to Enrique. "You never touched it before, right? I am curious how it would react with you since you have White Tiger powers-"

Anna's words were caught in her throat when the Amulet touched Enrique's hand and, in the next instant, he was thrown flying with a burst of explosion. His back hit the wall, and as he fell down, he was already transformed into his full beast form.

"W-what? I- I am sorry! Enrique, are you alright?!" Anna yelled and ran to the unconscious Enrique, followed by an equally worried Greer, as they crouched down beside him and shook his body.

However, Enrique didn't move a muscle.

* * *

First, it was The Great Weaver, and now this. Enrique was getting tired of being pulled into these dark realms.

"...A human? No, not exactly, it seems." An ethereal voice said, belonging to this huge glimmering white tiger looking down on him as if he were some bug. "I see why you're here. An accident, it seems."

The white tiger was a few times bigger than Enrique himself, even as he was transformed into his 7"3 beast form. Its appearance wasn't like the normal white tiger either. It had two large teeth like a Sabretooth.