53: The Battle of New York! (1)

Chapter 53: The Battle of New York! (1)

Author Note: Monthly updates to remind yall that no this isn't dropped, but simply surprised by my urge to write the other three stories.

Noon was yet to come, so it was still a bit cold outside, in the sky as Enrique flew with Anna in his arms.

He looked around a little, and soon spotted a black SUV car parked a bit far from the school's gate, on the other side of the road. That seemed to be SHIELD product, and that hypothesis was corrected when the window rolled down and Nick Fury waved his hand.

Enrique flew down there and landed on his feet, all the while Anna was clung to his chest with her face buried. Her arms still wrapped around him even after he landed and she refused to look at anybody else. She didn't talk and surely didn't respond to Nick Fury's voice.

"What happened to her?" asked the man in black.

"Don't worry about it, she'll be fine." Enrique waved it off.

Adding, "Rather, you needed me for something, director? I assume there must be a great threat ahead since you finally decided to come and meet me."

Nick Fury sighed at his direct approach; how he didn't even try to hide the strange things about himself. As in, how did he know that he was the Director of SHIELD? Strength was one thing, and such dangerous information was another. What else did he know? What were his sources? Was this magic of some sort, mind reading, or was there a spy inside SHIELD?

"Let's ignore the part where you seem to know my title. You don't seem to be the type to reveal that if asked. I am also not free enough to spend time persuading you."

Fury finally opened the door and walked out. He reached out a hand for a handshake.

"Hi, formally, I am the Director of SHIELD. You can call me Nick Fury. I am inviting you to join... the Avengers initiative."

* * *

"I am inviting you to join... the Avengers initiative."

Fury finished dramatically, and Enrique accepted the hand right away. It didn't indicate that he accepted the offer, however.

"Avengers Initiative? Some sort of secret group?"

Enrique played dumb. He shouldn't pretend to know everything, that wouldn't be good.

Fury nodded as the handshake ended.

"Seeing how you are rumored to be the follower of a Goddess; I am going to assume that you do believe in Gods. Long story short, a slimy God has invaded earth and plans to 'conquer' it."

Fury scoffed at his own words, in the last part, before he continued.

"Asgardian God of Mischief, Loki. The brother of Thor. Speaking of Thor, you may have heard about him, he appeared mid-last year. This Loki is Thor's brother, but unlike Thor, he doesn't seem compassionate toward us 'mere humans', as he likes to put it."

Enrique nodded. He hid his surprise and excitement at the confirmation that yes, Loki was finally here!

"Uh-huh. I believe your words; I do believe in my Goddess Mut, but I also believe in the existence of other Mythologies. Thor is notoriously strong, however, Loki isn't. As far as I know. Why is he being such a problem?"

Fury sighed. Hesitating, he spoke. "He has a weird weapon. It lets him shoot beams and mind-control people. I have lost a few important subordinates of mine thanks to both of those effects. He is planning something grand, and we need your help. There will also be other heroes, such as Ironman."