40: I love you

Chapter 40: I love you

Master4thWall Note: Back after a hectic few months. You can expect regular updates from now on! Oh, and here is a little mass release for fun.

"Was such a deal with this Emma Frost woman really necessary?" Anna Marie asked out straight, wearing a worried frown.

Anna was in Enrique's arms as he flew in the air; her expression was serious while her arms were locked around his neck to support her position.

"Depends on your definition of necessary," Enrique answered vaguely, making her groan a little. "Relax, it's fine, I know what I am doing."

"Do you, now? I want to trust you, like I always do, but this woman just seems so dangerous even to an 'oblivious little girl' like me, you know?" Rogue replied honestly.

Earlier, by showing her a photo (Google Maps) of where he wanted to go, therefore activating her stolen Teleportation power, Enrique found himself in a desolate place in France. In the middle of nowhere, in grassy terrain, where an old abandoned house rested. This was a place where, in his previous world, Enrique built a mansion after clearing the old house. It was a stroke of coincidence that this broken house existed even in this world.

There, Enrique just dropped on his butt to sit on the grassy ground, under a tree, with Anna and Emma sitting around him—as he made a deal with the latter, the White Queen of the Hellfire Club.

Avoiding the details, to explain the deal in simpler terms, Emma was to help Enrique in every way that he demanded. As for Enrique's end of the deal, he wouldn't live up to that yet. Only a few months from this point will he live up to that and help her out.

However, the help she would receive was entirely different than what she had planned earlier. It was comparatively worse than the earlier one too, but she didn't have any choice but to accept.

"Emma Frost is desperate. Meaning, I can use her in ways suitable for my current situation." Enrique told Anna. "Obviously, she's not the type to be trusted, or be used too easily, so I will have to watch out for every minute details—but as they say, treasure that comes with no risk isn't treasure worth it."

"...."

"Besides that, if everything goes well, she wouldn't necessarily kill me at the end of this ordeal. After all, it's not as if she lacks humane feelings and therefore cannot build liking or friendship with others. I personally wouldn't mind a strong and independent woman as a good friend.... But let's not go that far, that may just be wishful thinking given its Emma of all people. It all boils down to what she herself chooses to do after I complete my part of the deal that would decide our relationship."

"Just like you and I, then." Anna suddenly said, laughing a little and making Enrique look down at her face. She stared back at him with a smile. "Emma is still human, so it's not impossible for her to feel grateful to us for helping her. Grateful, or a feeling of friendship, or something else. She could feel those either by herself or being forced to, being manipulated into. That's just like me, isn't it?"

"You are good at this, Enrique." As Enrique stared at her silently, Anna explained to him. "You seem to have prior experience at this... manipulating thing. I am not that stupid to not notice. A big bad villain, that's what you are, I can tell that much."

Enrique stared at her, his eyes unreadable.

"It's fine," Anna continued. "I know... you're not that bad. It's impossible for you to have been manipulating me from the moment we met, so there is obviously nice within you. But... I am sure you did some things to me according to calculations, selfishness, rather than just being a nice guy. From how I saw you treating the others, including Emma Frost, it would be weird for me to assume I alone am special to you—even though we have known each for more than weeks."