27: Sorry, really...

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 27: Sorry, really...

———

Enrique regretted wishing to get caught in camera earlier.

Because now that he was indeed caught in the reporting helicopter's camera, it might be a bit hard to dodge questions about what happened to Electro after this incident is done with. Sure, Enrique wasn't obliged to answer the public; but the case was entirely different if SHIELD decidedly got involved.

Sadly, something told him that SHIELD indeed would get involved in this, sooner rather than later.

'...No. It's not important as long as Anna gets this power-boost.'

Enrique concluded at last while flying down to the spot where he noticed Rogue still helping the students get out of the school.

It has been nearly 15 minutes, and most of the students have been rescued. Very few people remained still inside the school. But now that Electro was gone, the rescue could be done by anyone, Anna wasn't needed here.

When he lowered his flight enough, everyone in the nearby vicinity had stopped whatever they were doing to rather look at him. Their eyes were filled with a mixture of awe, gratefulness, and quite a bit of envy from the kids in particular.

"That's enough, Rogue."

Enrique called out, making Rogue turn to find him floating over her head.

"The enemy's been dealt with. I believe the police force can manage the civilians now."

As he said so, he turned his head to the nearby police officers who had reached the scene by then.

"That's not a problem. Is it, officers?"

"Uh- no, no, of course not."

A largely built officer, with the badge of a Sergeant, quickly shook his head.

"The New York Police Department is already very grateful to you and your... sidekick here, for the help provided. We will take care of the more humane things ourselves. Please, don't mind leaving if you are busy."

From his side, an officer of lower ranks whispered into his ears– something about if this was okay to do without asking higher officials, which made Enrique decide it was time to leave quickly.

He nodded at the officer. "Thanks. We are in a bit of a hurry."

Then he lowered to grab Anna by her waist, who was wearing a troubled expression.

"But, Supernova, we can still-"

Anna tried to whisper to him, but he just made a 'hush' sound in her ears.

"No. We have to be quick. Otherwise Electro may wake up and flee."

Enrique said.

* * *

Luckily, Max "Electro" Dallon hadn't regained his consciousness and therefore hadn't made a run for it from the almost-forest-like area in Highland Park where Enrique had tied him up and left to find Anna.

It seemed that the beating, coupled with the short-circuit Electro had gone through was too much for him to just shake it off and wake up suddenly– even with his enhanced body.

"So... what's up?" asked Anna, sounding rightfully confused. "Why haven't you handed him to the authorities yet?"

Enrique and Anna walked closer to the restrained villain as Enrique chuckled a bit.