34: The Hand (1)

Chapter 34: The Hand (1)

"That was pretty cool, by the way. The speech, the comebacks, and the vibe of it all."

Greer said once Enrique gently dropped her in front of the villa.

It was still early morning, so the sun was still in the eastern sky. A gentle ray of the morning sun reflected on Enrique's suit, prompting it to shine like a gem.

When she spoke, his indifferent, handsome, yet heroic, face changed a little. It formed a small smile as he waved off her compliment.

However, Greer Nelson had more to say.

"But I can't help but worry. Never heard of this Emma Frost woman before, to be honest, but I did hear about the Frost International group." Tigra said while she crossed her arms. "This Emma is the CEO of that huge building, she is clearly big stuff. Was it wise to provoke her?"

Enrique thought for a while before answering her.

"Emma Frost is a dangerous woman. She's the type who can either be your friend or foe. I, in particular, would have loved to befriend her. However, unfortunately, her personality in itself wouldn't allow her to work with or for me. She cannot bring herself to trust a person whom she cannot read the mind of."

"I see..."

Tigra slowly released her arms to hang beside her as she sighed.

"What do you think she'll do, Enrique? Will she really sell us out to the Hand?"

"Does that matter? You are scared of a group of mere Ninjas even after you fucked a superhero last night?" Enrique laughed, but she just glared at him. "....Alright, fine, they're not 'mere' Ninjas."

"Enrique, seriously, what'll we do if they come for me and Ava tonight?"

"We kill them." Enrique said nonchalantly. "We send them a warning. They'll listen."

Greer opened her mouth to retort, to remind him that he was a Superhero. But soon, she closed her mouth to not say that. She recalled what sort of conversation this man had just had with that Emma woman.

He threatened to kill children, and his face didn't even twitch a bit.

That's why, Greer asked him something else.

"...Why would they listen? To your threat, I mean."

Greer didn't buy his words, which made Enrique frown incredulously.

"You ask that because you don't know anything about them. That clan of Ninjas worship a magical, evil creature. The Beast, or Demon they call it. The clan does everything the creature wishes for them to do. Now if I make that evil little creature realise it's against a Goddess, it'd rather back off than take any chances."

Greer went a little flustered when Enrique said that.

"Ah, a G-Goddess? Don't call me that, you silly big goril-"

"I am talking about my mother, Mut." Enrique swiftly interrupted her. "The person whom that big Egyptian Goddess statute in my living room represents."

"...Oh,"

Greer's fluster vanished as her expression went rather dull and blank.

"I see. You should have been more clear."

As if the conversation had ended, Greer turned around and started to walk towards the villa.

"Huh? What?"

Greer didn't answer.

"What the fuck? Why are you leaving? I am not done talking, though? Hey!"

Enrique called, only to be left standing there in bafflement.