31: Emma Frost (1)

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 31: Emma Frost (1)

———

It was nearly midnight, but Enrique and Greer hadn't returned to the villa.

Ava Ayala was aware of what it meant for two vigorous adults of opposite gender to spend a night out together. A part of her had expected this outcome the moment Greer said she wanted to go out with Enrique, but Ava had hoped and prayed for Greer to resist his approach.

However, that prayer clearly didn't reach the right place.

From the moment Ava realised those two wouldn't be returning tonight, she couldn't find the courage to look into Anna's eyes.

Thankfully, both of them were watching a K-drama on the TV at this moment, so they had their eyes on the big screen. However, Ava unfortunately couldn't focus on the show at all. It wasn't that the show was bad, but she just couldn't focus on it while a sad creature like Anna was sitting beside her. Worse of all, Anna was enjoying the show, clearly yet to realise her lover was out sleeping with another woman.

When the ongoing episode ended and an ad greeted the screen, Ava's mouth moved on its own.

"I am sorry."

"Hm?"

Anna blinked when she suddenly spoke, turning to the side to meet Ava's guilty gaze.

"What do you mean?"

"I am sorry... for Greer. I swear she was never this sort of woman."

Ava said, knowing Greer was indeed a bit playful but she never went after taken men.

"I think it's her power... that doesn't allow her to resist when Enrique forces himself onto her."

When Ava said that, Anna blinked again. Then a deep frown formed on her face.

"What are you talking about, Ava?"

Anna asked in shock.

"Enrique? Forcing himself onto a girl? Did you drink tonight?"

Ava's expression only showed more pity at that reaction. '

What a poor girl. She never thought of this possibility, did she...?'

Ava took in a deep breath and decided to explain her theory. She soon spoke, explaining her theory even as Anna kept looking at her with an incredulous look.

Her theory was; Enrique and Greer's situation was similar to how the dominant and submissive system worked in the animal kingdom. A tigress was a dominant creature against any other animal, yet she naturally turned submissive in front of a dominant tiger. If the said tigress was married to the said tiger, then she would even happily hunt food for him.

Because of Enrique and Greer's respective powers, their relationship may be like that– Ava theorised– and therefore Greer couldn't resist whatever Enrique wanted to do to her.

"...."

Anna Marie gave Ava a dry look after she finished speaking.

"W, what's with that look? It's a solid theory."

When she continued staring like that, Ava cleared her throat.

"Alright, let's ignore the possibility that Enrique may be forcing Greer for now. Anna, you must at least agree with me that Enrique isn't a good person... Sure he is a good hero who helps and saves people, but you know how he treats you. What sort of lover sleeps with other girls? Heck, he doesn't even try to hide it!"