42: Good Day for the Company

Chapter 42: Good Day for the Company

Enrique’s old world was complex, but for a man who understood the complexity, things became easier to do—life turned easier to live. In this new world, such rules still apply, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs exist in this world too. Yet, the truth was, these modern legends aren’t shit in the grandest scheme of things.

They weren’t the ruler of their own home planet, of this earth, so what were they in this ginormous universe?

In this universe where purple men held the power to roll the dice and decide if you were the lucky half, Enrique Nova would be a fool to not try to be the best version of himself. To do that though, he alone wasn’t enough—not yet, anyway. That led him to the decision that he needed to make a Superhero Team on his own, one that wouldn’t end up separated like the Avengers, as he planned to play the role of both Steve Rogers and Tony Stark by himself.

With that plan in mind, it wouldn’t be so smart of Enrique to let White Tiger and Tigra leave his clutch after finishing his training. Enrique needed them on his team, for they were too good to go to waste.

That was the plan, and the sole thorn to realizing that plan was a certain Ava Ayala. However, Enrique needed the ‘White Tiger’ in his team, and that didn’t necessarily have to be Ava. As the White Tiger’s Amulet was an artifact, anyone could be the White Tiger; say, for example, Anna Marie.

…But before deciding Ava’s fate and destiny, Enrique reckoned he was kind enough to give her one last chance. A chance that would be presented by Tigra, and then it would be up to herself to choose what fate awaited her.

“The Cat’s Amulet came in clutch, it seems.”

It will be the year 2012 soon, and Loki will soon attack earth—this was the perfect time to officially form his super-team.

* * *

Sound of loud bangs filled the area of Enrique’s new villa, one that was much larger and overall better than his previous one, as he trained with Tigra inside the custom battle-gym located in one corner of the villa.

The bangs have been resounding for a long while at this point, the result of powerful blows clashing against each other. It continued for five more minutes before finally coming to a stop.

Tigra fell on her back, on the pristine white marble floor, while Enrique sat down on the ground with a thud. The tiger-woman breathed heavily, her sports-bra-clad chest moving up and down in an alluring manner, while sweat trailed down her defined abdomen.

“Quite hot, aren’t we?” Enrique chuckled, also breathing roughly. “Thanks for the fight.”

“Quit with your pun, will ya?” Greer breathed more sharply compared to him. “Holy shit, I am burning.”

The air-conditioner was running at full power, yet both of them were burning hot. For a while neither of them spoke, allowing the cool air to help them calm down. A few minutes later, Greer looked at Enrique’s form with an unreadable gaze.

“You are learning to control your form.” Greer said, “Lucky bastard.”

“Thank Mut that I am,” Enrique released a breath. Earlier, when the first ended, Enrique was halfway through transforming, but now he looked almost normal. “You have no idea how bothersome it is to cancel the form every time by sleeping.”

“Oh, fuck you.” Greer scoffed with a mocking smirk. “You are just poking fun that I can’t retransform to human form. Tell you what, if I had my Cat’s Amulet, I could transform back-n-forth with no issue whatsoever. But ugh, that was taken by those Hand bastards months ago.”