chapter 36 Silhouette

Mike was coming out of Cameron's session and was walking in the hallways alone. While he was walking, he saw Spam getting stuff out if his locker but he noticed that he wasn't smiling.

Mike: Hey spam.

Spam: ...(Forces a smile) Hi.

Mike: Uhh you okay?

Spam: Of course, why would anything be wrong?

Mike: Well you don't look as energetic as usual.

Spam: Uhh, guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Mike: Oh I hate it when that happens but you sure your good?

Spam: (Gives a pathetic thumbs up) peachy. Now, I have to go to class.

Spam slowly walked away with his ears flopped down in his head. Mike looked at him in confusion for how he is acting. Mike then went to to his next class were he saw his friends talking to one another, minus Vanexa who was reading her book.

Mike: Hey guys hows it going?

Zill: Oh hey Mike, it's going pretty good.

Mike: That's good. Question: have you guys seen spam lately?

Damian: Not really. Maybe that's why my brain doesn't hurt.

Kayla: (Sigh) Ignore him, no we haven't really seen him. Why do you ask?

Mike: Well because I saw him and he didn't looked like his usual energetic self.

Jack: Really? That's weird, he's always like that.

Vanexa: He does seem to disappear when there's a full moon tonight.

The gang looked at her oddly, wondering why she knew that.

Vanexa: ... I'm just super observant.

Mike: Okay well whatever it is let's just keep an eye out and make sure he's ok.

Jack: Yeah ... wait, you said every full moon Van?

Vanexa: It's just what I noticed.

Jack: Well it's weirdly specific to disappear right?

Vanexa: I know, all the more reason you guys should've noticed this sooner.

Jack: My point is there's more to it if it's a monthly thing.

Mike: Ya but what would someone even be doing at that specific time.

Zill: Only one way to find out. We ask him.

Mike: I don't think that's gonna work. If someone has been always doing something at a specific time it would have been known or said by now.

Damian: Yeah, for all we know he sacerfic some poor sap to the moon god.

Kayla: ... Why must you do that?

Damian: I'm from hell baby, whata expect?

Zill: Don't call her baby.

Mike: I highly doubt he's doing that but the only thing that's left to do is play the waiting game or follow him.

They nodded and at the end of school, they closely followed spam for for a long time until spam stopped at a gated fence, separating the city to the forest. He sat down and looked towards the setting sun, confusing the group.

Damian: Soooo he comes here to watch the sun set? Lame.

Mike: Let's just wait and see if there's more to this.