1 | Change

Sequel to Love is a Broken Window. Read that first, then come back. Okay, carry on :)

| Ricky's POV |

"Chris? Chris?" Devin called, but failed at getting an answer. "Chris!"

I pulled a bit on the sleeve of his jacket. "Babe, Devin's trying to talk to you."

"Huh?" He snapped out of his daze. "What?"

"I said, can you and Ryan watch Bella? I need to talk to Ricky alone." He replied.

"Oh, yeah." Chris muttered.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Go head. I've got her. Come here, you lil' trouble maker!"

Bella, whose about to turn five now, got off of Devin's lap and ran over to Ryan. She just adored Ryan! She used to love Chris too, but the last three months or so, he's just not been himself. I don't know what's wrong with him, but it's worrying me.

Devin has been worrying me just as much. Him and I have become even closer over the past few years. It was still a little awkward for the two years after we nearly slept together. We're not only back to being best friends, but we're closer than ever. He's been confiding in me about his marital problems.

I have a feeling this is going to be bad. Devin moved back to California for a while. Then he just called the other day and asked if him and Bella could come stay at our place for a while. With the way Chris has been acting, I didn't want her around that. So, since Ryan is the only single one in the group, they're staying at his place.

Of course, Devin and I would talk over the phone almost every night, but I know some things just have to be said in person. We walked to the spare bedroom, where he had been staying.

The first words out of my mouth were, "What's wrong?"

Devin sighed, sitting down on the bed. "I just... I feel lost anymore. I left California because I didn't want Bella to be so secluded. It was just her and I for almost a month, and I could tell not having Shiloh around was making her upset. I don't want my kid developing depression before her fifth birthday."

I sat down next to him, pulling my legs up on the bed and crossing them. "Where's Shiloh?"

"God only knows! We got in a fight right around our wedding anniversary. He was going on about how he feels like I don't love him anymore. I told him I loved him more than anything, but if he felt that way, he should leave. I didn't think he actually would."

Devin leaned forward and buried his face in his hands. I put my arms around his torso and hugged him. "It's okay, Dev. You still got us. And, you and Shiloh have had your share of fights before. I promise this will pan out."

"But what if it doesn't?" He said. "Shiloh was making all the money. I can't just give up my lifestyle. I can't do that to Bella."

"Like I said, you've got us. You know how much you've been there for all of us over the years? It's only fair as repay you. It's all going to be okay, okay? God knows we've all had our share of fuck ups." That made him laugh a bit, and I smiled. "There's that beautiful smile."

There was a knock, and we both looked up at Ryan opened the door. "Sorry to interrupt, but dinner is ready." He told us.

"We'll be out in a minute." I responded.

~~~

We stayed about an hour after dinner, but decided to go home once it was Bella's bedtime. On the car ride home, I tried to have a conversation with Chris about Devin's situation, but he just wasn't having it. He's been so moody and out of it recently. It's really got me worried.

Him and I were home now. We lived in a cute little ranch away from downtown. I loved it here, but I knew there was something about it that Chris wasn't fond of. I seriously can't read him anymore. But, I know one thing. All this talk about bad relationships has made me grateful I have him.

I was already in bed, waiting for him to get done with a shower. Chris came out of the bathroom with just his boxers on. There was still a little water glistening his sculpted chest, and his hair wasn't dry yet. God, he knows how to turn me on without even trying. I bit my lip as I looked at him.

He wasn't phased by my aroused state. Chris got into bed, turning off the lamp on his side. I sighed to myself, flicking off the TV and remaining light. Moonlight still came in from the window, allowing me to see his perfect body.

I snuggled up to him closely. He put his arm over me, probably just waiting for me to go to sleep. I didn't want to sleep though. I was horny as Hell. I put my hand on one side of his neck, pressing my lips against the other side.

Chris released a trapped breath, which I took as pleasure. I began to trail my hand from his neck, down his abs, and approaching his underwear. Unfortunately, he had to stop me.

"Not right now, Baby." He muttered.

I frowned. "But Chris-"

"I'm tired, Ricky. I just want to go to sleep."

This isn't like him. Not at all. Normally he'd jump at the opportunity to have sex. Chris is a wild animal in bed! But now, he's as tame as a house cat. I sadly laid my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

We were doing so well; all of us. Then Devin and Shiloh moved away, Balz and Ryan-Ashley stopped coming around for some reason, Ryan and Allie broken up, now Devin and Shiloh are heading towards a divorce and I'm worried about Chris and I's future. We're back to where we started: A fucking mess.