28 | Future

| Chris' POV |

We had a few days break from the studio. So Ricky and I spent it sleeping, as if we were two parents getting a break from their baby. This album, just like any, is our child. We just need some time off. That makes me wonder, if we get worn out writing an album, now would we do raising a child? I guess that's all a little far down the road though.

Right now I was laying awake, thinking about our future, while Ricky slept. I do want to propose so badly. I've got the ring too, but the timing isn't right. Once the album is done, we have to tour. I've been thinking about purposing then, but when and where, I have no clue. So many questions with so little answers.

Ricky began to stir in his sleep. Another nightmare? My poor baby. I was about to wake him, when my phone did the honors. It started to ring, causing Ricky to jump awake and in his shock, fall off the bed. I quickly got up and knelt down next to him.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked him as he rubbed his head.

"Yeah, just cold now that I'm out of bed." He shivered.

"Oh." I chuckled and smiled because I was happy he wasn't hurt. "Let's get you back under the blankets."

Ricky grabbed onto my wrist as I stood up and used me to pull himself to his feet. He hugged my waist briefly and I kissed his temple. While he crawled back into bed, I checked my phone. It was almost noon, but like I said, we've been catching up on our sleep. Shit, it was Devin. I hit the redial button fast.

"Hey." He answered.

"Hey, sorry. I was helping Ricky with something." I replied. "What's up?"

"Shiloh's tests came back." Devin said, to which my stomach dropped.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked.

He sighed. "Yeah, yeah. He will be. The whole thing has just scared the shit out of me, you know? Anyways, he got hit by a few things at once. It was just bad luck I suppose. He got salmonella poisoning, and pneumonia in both lungs. Adding both on top of his HIV being at it's worst, he developed a case of wasting disease."

"I've heard Ricky's doctor talk about that before because he's been worried about Ricky getting it, but I don't know what it is exactly." I said.

"A lot like it sounds, actually. It's a rapid loss of weight. He's wasting away."

"Oh my God." I muttered. "I'm so sorry Dev. Ricky and I both send you our best wishes. Shiloh will be alright, right?"

"They tell me he should be. The doctors had to hospitalize him. As much as I want to be there with him, I have to take care of Bella right now." Devin responded. "I don't want her around that."

"But Shiloh needs you too. You're in California. Why don't you have Ashley take care of her?"

"Maybe that's what I'll do. I don't know really." He sighed. "I lost Shiloh, and as soon as I get him back, I might lose him again. This time, it could be for good. I don't know what I'd ever do without him. I love him so much."

"He's going to be okay, I promise. If you need anything, you know you can call us. Day or night."

"Thanks, Chris. I'll talk to you later." Devin said.

"Alright, bye." I hung up, setting my phone back on the nightstand. I laid back down next to Ricky, putting my arms around him.

"Is everything okay?" He asked as he laid his head against my chest.

"They had to put Shiloh in the hospital. He should be fine once the treatments do their job, but Devin is worried sick about him." I explained. "Ricky?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't tell you I love you enough. So, I love you, Baby." I softly kissed his forehead.

He smiled and took a full kiss from me. "I love you too Chris. Don't ever ever let me go."

"I won't. You don't have to worry about ever being alone, as long as I'm here."

Ricky cuddled closer to me, and drifted off with a smile on his face. Maybe I should propose sooner, because I don't ever want to lose him. I need to lock him down, and I need to make sure I can live out my days telling him how much I love him.