19 | Complicated

| Chris' POV |

A moan left my mouth as Ricky kissed my neck. He was sat in my lap, his legs on either side of me. We were actually sitting in the studio, but this morning, we were the first to arrive. We got a little off track waiting for the others. It's their fault they're running behind and we got bored!

"Ricky." I gasped slightly as I heard people in the hall.

"Mmh, what?" He hummed. I loved the way his voice rasped when he got drunk off my cologne.

I sat up a bit as I pushed my love back. "The guys are coming."

Just as I said that, Balz opened the door to the writing room. He raised his eye brow at us, and just chuckled as he walked in. Ryan and Ghost followed, both of them rolling their eyes when they saw Ricky in my lap.

"Couldn't wait for us?" Ryan teased.

"We got bored." Ricky innocently said.

I chuckled and kissed his forehead. "You're so cute."

Ricky got down from my lap. He still stayed close to me, and I wrapped my arm around him. I caught Devin staring at us, and I sympathetically looked at him. I wonder if he read Shiloh's letter yet? Then I realized, he had to of. He had Shiloh's wedding ring on a necklace around his neck.

Balz wouldn't get off his phone. He didn't even come in the studio yesterday. Ryan kept bouncing his leg, and Devin was obviously depressed. Alright, it's time everyone straightens themselves out. (As straight as Ricky and I can get)

"Alright, guys." I began, pulling away from Ricky so I can sit forward. "We all need to talk."

"Talk?" Ryan questioned.

"Talk. More like spill. We need our heads clear before we can write, and we can't write together without knowing each other's pain. So, who's going to speak first?"

Silence. Everybody kind of looked at each other.

"Well, why don't you tell us about Ricky running off?" Devin muttered.

I signed and looked back at him. Ricky forced a smile, replying, "There's been some tension between Chris and I for a while. It built up to the point that we got in a fight, about December and Kuza being together. I decided I needed some time to myself. Now, we're doing better."

"Most the tension was my fault. I've been too worried about the future. Most our friends our getting married, having kids. We are at our own pace though." I happily added.

"Speaking of kids," Balz cleared his throat as he sat up straight. "Ryan-Ashley and I don't want you guys to think we hate you or anything. That isn't why we haven't been around. We just haven't known the right time or place to tell you why we've been upset and distant. I guess now is as good of a time as any though. We found out she was pregnant, by accident of course. We never planned on kids out of wedlock. It caused a lot of fighting between us for a while, but just as I started to accept it, she miscarried."

I had to keep myself from gasping. We had absolutely no idea! How come he didn't tell us? Now, Ricky and I's problems seem so minor. Ricky squeezed my arm, which was his way of telling me that what Josh said bothered him. It was bothering me too.

"Dude," Ryan softly said. "I'm so sorry. How long ago did this happen?"

"A little over a month ago." He replied.

"Now I feel even worse for my problems." Devin muttered. "I took for granted what I had. This whole time I thought Shiloh just ran off, he was in witness protection. He still is."

"I told you he still loves you." I responded.

He grabbed onto the wedding ring on his necklace, running his fingers over it. "I know. I was so stupid to not listen. I'm a moron."

"If you are, I'm a major moron." Ryan stated. "Because, you at least still have what you took for granted. I let mine walk out the door. Apparently she took my ability to sleep with her. I haven't slept in... weeks."

"We all need to write." Ricky murmured. "That's the only thing that will help, is to bleed out on a page."

Devin sat forward and grabbed a pen and his notebook from the table. "He's right. And I've got the perfect song that I've been working on."

Ricky squeezed my arm again. I glanced back at him, to see the sadness in his eyes. I kissed his forehead, making him smile blissfully.