90 | Remember

Sorry this is short. It's just fluff and filler.

| Ricky's POV |

Half of tour down, another half to go. Chris and I agreed we'd start looking into adoption as soon as we get home. I'm a lot more nervous about it than he is, but I try not to show it. I mean, I'm still a kid myself half the time. I'm not ready for a kid myself. I should not be put in charge of small beings.

Even if we decide to foster older kids, I know what I did when I was a teenager. And that was before technology was very advanced or drugs were so complicated. Okay, I realize how much I made myself sound like an old man there. It's the truth though. How am I supposed to discipline a teenager without being a complete hypocrite? I did a lot of naughty shit as a teenager, and I know Chris was way worse.

Am I overreacting? Probably. The exchange for getting rid of depression has been earning a lot more anxiety. I don't know why, but that was a thing that happened. I even get more anxious to go on stage than I used to. That might just be more because we're playing fucking arenas now... Yeah, that could be apart of the problem. I'm not complaining. I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world.

"Ready to go, Pumpkin?" Chris asked me as he walked past me, putting his earpiece in.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "Pumpkin?"

He shrugged and bragged his mic from one of the roadies. "I'm trying something new. Trying to change it up since it's been ten years."

"I can't wait to see what nicknames I get at fifty years." I muttered with a snicker. Then I realized what he said and stared at him like a freaked out hamster. "Did you just say ten years?"

"Well, our actually dating anniversary is January first, but we didn't officially get together or announce it until February seventh. So, I guess we missed our actual ten year anniversary, but- wait, did you forget?" He smirked and I could feel the hazing coming on.

I fearfully looked up at him, mumbling, "Nooo." But I don't think I convinced myself with that one.

"Oh my God, you did." Chris chuckled as Vinny ran past us to the stage, "You're going to pay for that one, Olson. Get your ass on stage."

I pulled my guitar around to the front of me and rushed after Ryan. Ghost walked behind me, somehow managing to run fast in heels. How the fuck- nevermind. I don't want to know. I also dread how Chris is going to torture me for this one. Look, I'm not much of a dates type of person. I forget the day people died, I forget birthdays, all that shit.

We played the first few songs of our set and so far I was in the clear. I walked over to the side of the stage between songs to switch out guitars. As one was off of me and I went to pick up the second, I got picked up myself. Chris threw me over his shoulder and I whined as I got pulled away from my guitar. Ryan shook his head and picked up the one I needed for the next song.

Chris set me down as we reached the middle of the stage. "It's kind of weird seeing you on stage without a guitar." He spoke into the mic.

"No shit." I mouthed to him, a little peeved with this.

"Today is a very special day. Ten years ago today, I asked this weirdo to be my boyfriend. And guess what?" He laughed with his arm around my shoulder. "He forgot." Chris was actually laughing his ass off about this. He thought it was fucking hilarious. The crowd had a mixed about of emotions and Chris raised his hand to tell them to calm down. "Now, in Ricky's defense, he forgets his own birthday. half the time."

Ryan handed me my guitar and I slipped it on. It was always a perfect fit. I grabbed Chris' wrist and pulled his mic down to my height, "Will you just shut up and kiss me?"

"Oh, Babe, you know me better than that. I don't shut up, but I will gladly kiss you." He titled his head down and planted one right on my lips. Of course there were a few homophobic boos, but it was mostly teenage girls fangirling. Chris continued on with the show as we came to the next song, "Appropriately enough, this next song came off the album we were touring on when Ricky and I started dating. This song is called Dark Passenger."