50 | Kiss

| Devin's POV |

All I heard was the clock ticking in the silence. Each tick hit my heart like an arrow, piercing straight through both sides. Shiloh rested his arms the counter as he looked down at the papers sitting on the counter. What I did was gutty, I know, but I was sick of living in this slow pain and uncertainty. 

He began to pace back and forth. His hand was over this mouth as he thought. Shiloh walked around the backside of the counter and leaned over the sink. He seriously looked like he was going to puke from nerves. 

Shiloh reached over to the top of the counter. He pushed my wedding ring off of the divorce papers and held them in his hands. My chest tightened while I waited for him to speak. Tears silently streamed down his pale cheeks while he stared at the papers. I didn't think he would do this, but he was holding them in his hands. 

"Devin?" He softly spoke my name. 

"Yes?" I murmured. 

Shiloh leaned forward and held the divorce papers over one of the candles. The edge caught on fire and he threw them in the stainless steel sink. Flames engulfed the horrid pages as he met his eyes to mine. "Baby you seriously didn't think I'd leave you, did you?" He asked. 

My face lit up and my chest sparked with love. I ran around the counter and smashed my lips against his. Shiloh fell into my arms perfectly. He is my Heaven and Hell, my angel and my demon. I love him. It's as simple as that. I fucking love him. 

"I'm so sorry I ever hurt you, my beauty." I whispered to him as I ran my fingers down his face. 

"I love you, Devin. Let's not fight. It just hurts us both so much." He replied. 

"No, no, sweet angel. Let's not fight. Let's make love. It's so so much better." I smiled at him. Then I started kissing his neck and he giggled. 

"Baabe, we don't know when the others will be home." Shiloh spoke as he playfully pushed me back. 

I groaned against his skin. "Killjoy." 

"Make some noise." He murmured. 

I laughed at his adorableness. "You're such a dork." 

"But I'm your dork. Your little goth geek fuck up that you're way too good for. I'm sorry I acted the way I did. It just hurt to think about you loving someone else." 

"There's a huge difference between making love and fucking. You're the only one I've ever loved." I reassured him. "Now, let's get your things packed so we can finally get back home together."

"And then we can pack for Hawaii." He smiled and sung the end of the sentence. 

"Oh, Baby, I've already got paradise when I'm with you. You know how long it's been since we've been in a hotel without a kid?" I asked. 

Shiloh thought for a moment, then replied, "Um, our honeymoon I think." 

I got an evil look in my eyes. "The things I'm going to do to you." 

"Mmm, tell me." He whispered. 

I leaned in and kissed his temple. My breath dusted his skin, making him shiver. I opened my mouth to speak to him, but the moment I did, we heard the door open. Shiloh dug his hand into my shoulder out of frustration. I sighed and backed up from him while we heard other voices fill the house. 

Bella ran over to me and hugged my legs. I was so happy to see my little angel. I kneeled down and embraced her. I missed my girl so much! As I stood back up, I smiled at Chris and Ricky. 

"I take it everything is good?" Chris asked. 

I wrapped my arm around Shiloh's waste. "Everything's good." 

"It smells like smoke." Ricky commented. 

Shiloh glanced away, muttering, "Don't ask." 

"Alright." Chris chuckled. "So I take it we're on for our trip?" 

I nodded. Ricky glanced over at him curiously. "What trip?" 

"It's a surprise." He teased. 

Ricky rolled his eyes playfully. He reached up and kissed Chris. I smiled at Shiloh and repeated the process. I was so relieved that everything had fallen back into place. We were back to us, and I couldn't be happier. Now we've got a Halloween party to attend soon and I get to have the more beautiful, sexy angel on my arm.