74 | Crawl

| Devin's POV |

"Shouldn't she be, like, walking or something by now?" Vinny asked as he looked at my baby like she was an alien.

"I think you're overestimating how fast baby development happens." Ryan responded.

I sat on the floor with my legs criss-cross and Lucy sitting in the gap between my legs. Shiloh was sitting in the armchair my back was leaned against.

"She's only three months old. She won't crawl until about six months." I told him. "And don't try to get my kid to grow up faster. Bella is already growing up too fast."

I looked over at her sitting on the couch with Ryan-Ashley. The two were reading a book together. She's already coming up on her seventh birthday. I feel like it was just yesterday she was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand.

"They won't understand until they have kids of their own." Balz said.

"I know." I chuckled, playing with Lucy's hands, "Vinny, are you eating a twinkie? Those are so bad for you."

Ryan snubbed his nose, "It's like his third one today."

Through a full mouth, Vinny replied, "I've decided to accept my destiny that I'm going to be forever alone and just get fat."

"If you would just let me set you up-" Ryan began to say.

"No offense to Katy, but prior to her your dating history is pretty shit." Vinny interrupted.

"Language!" I yelled at him.

He sighed, "Sorry, but Ryan has dated some looney chicks. Look at the mess Chris is in right now because he went on one date with a psycho."

"That was a fluke. None of us knew she'd be crazy." Balz said, then he looked to me, "Have you heard anything from them?"

I shook my head, "No. I should go call Ricky."

I picked up Lucy and handed her to Shiloh as I stood up. He passively took a kiss from me, causing me to giggle at my love. I loved the way he smiled every time he went in to kiss me. The others made their comments, but I could care less. I headed into our bedroom to get some quiet away from the others.

There were pictures all over our bedroom from our wedding day, Bella's several birthdays, Christmas, and of course tours. It's been eight years since Kylie and I exploded at each other in that café. At the time, I thought it was the worse day of my life. Looking back, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. There is a silver lining to everything. That legal battle with her might've been one of the hardest things on my career, but it lead me to have an amazing family. I can only hope that it turns out to work for Chris and Ricky.

It took Ricky a few rings to pick up his phone. When he did, he sounded tired. Tired, or upset. I wasn't all too sure.

"Hey, how's everything going? The others were wondering." I said.

He sighed, "The DNA tests came back. They were a partial match for Chris."

"A partial match?" I questioned, "What the Hell does that mean?"

"It means it's someone from his family, but not him exactly. There's always a possibility it could still be him. I, um, I don't know what to believe anymore. Chris swears up and down he's never cheated on me and I believe him." Ricky responded.

"Doesn't he have a brother?"

"Yeah, Nick. He's studying abroad right now and we can't get ahold of him. Figures." He muttered.

"Not like you asked for my opinion, but I do think you're doing the right thing sticking by Chris' side." I said, "I know I'd do the same if we were in that position... Hang on." I told Ricky as I Shiloh walked in the room, pulling off his shirt and smelling awful. I held my nose, "New perfume, Babe?"

He snit, "Yeah, it's called ode of infant barf." He laughed so adorably, "You on the phone with Ricky?"

"Yeah." I responded, going back to the call, "Sorry. Lucy puked on Shiloh."

Ricky chuckled, "I picked up on that. That's why if we ever have kids, Chris gets to deal with feeding them."

"Just imagine Chris as a father. He would make a good dad, but he's no one's baby daddy. We all know the truth, okay? And anyone that doesn't believe you can go fuck themselves."

"Thanks, Devin. I'll let you go so you can help your husband de-puke-ify himself."

I snickered, "Thanks. You know we're here if you need anything."

We said our goodbyes and I hung up. Shiloh threw his puke filled shirt across the hall to the laundry room. He pulled a long sleeve black V-neck from our drawer. It was the simplest shirt, but he looked so damn sexy in it.

"How does she manage to just puke on me?" He muttered. "She doesn't hit any furniture or the walls or even other people. Just me."

"Bella always threw up on me and now that she's older she's a total daddy's girl. So maybe babies puke on their favorite person." I suggested.

He rolled his eyes playfully, "Right. She, was not the only one that puked though." I looked at him strangely as I set my hands on his hips. Shiloh smirked, "Ryan-Ashley couldn't keep her lunch down the second the baby threw up. I don't know about you but there's only one reason that came to my mind about why she'd be so smell sensitive."

"She has been a little more motherly to Bella lately." I replied, "Hmmm, we can't ask Balz incase he doesn't know. You up for a little detective work?"

"You know who you're talking to, right?" He teased me.

Shiloh was really into cop shows. Just the other night he stayed up watching an all night Criminal Minds marathon while he was staying up with the baby. It wouldn't surprise me if Balz and Ryan-Ashley finally decided to have a baby. Why would they not tell us though? Hm, something's up here...