17 | Lilies

| Ricky's POV |

The morning after. Sometimes I like this part more than the sex. This is the tender moments that you remember. As I woke up, the room was still pretty dark from the curtains being pulled down. I was laying against Chris' chest, soothed by his rhythmic breathing.

I gently ran my hand down the tattoos on his arm. His skin was so soft. There wasn't a thing about him that I didn't love, actually. I gently kisses his cheek, before slithering out of his grasp to get up. I grabbed a fresh pair of boxers and his shirt from last night. Chris always thought it was cute when I took his shirt.

Today we were going into the studio for the first time in a long time. We're going to start working on the next album. Luckily we're all pretty lenient with each other and the guys will understand if Chris and I are running late.

I could tell he needed his sleep. He hadn't been sleeping well without me, and honestly, it was so hard for me to be without him.

| Chris' POV |

Ricky was sadly not in the bed when I woke up. I could hear him up in the house though, so I knew he didn't run off again. I'm a little scared it'll happen again, but I'm staying optimistic. I have him now, and that's all that matters.

I took a quick shower and got dressed. Today we finally got to take our new material in the studio, and I was so excited to show the guys what I've been writing. I walked out of the bedroom to see Ricky sitting at the kitchen table. He was working on his laptop, in my shirt.

I walked up behind him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiled sweetly, giggling.

I kissed him and he told me, "Morning."

"Good morning. How'd you sleep?" I asked.

"Good, since I was in your arms." Ricky replied.

I pecked his cheek again. "Did you see the flowers on the counter?"

"Yeah." He said as he glanced back at the lilies.

"Those are yours. I bought them for you yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to show you. We got a little, busy." I chuckled.

"That's one way to put it." He laughed. "They're absolutely beautiful."

"Just like you. You look so cute in my shirt." I told him sweetly.

Ricky blushed. "Thank you, Baby."

He stood up from the kitchen table. I went over to the cupboards to start making us both some breakfast. Ricky leaned over the kitchen counter with his phone and took a picture of the flowers. Then he typed away, and a few moments later, my own phone buzzed.

I took a break from what I was doing to see the Instagram post he made. The caption read, "Got home from Seattle last night! Chris bought me these beautiful lilies to welcome me back! Even if it's snowing like crazy outside, I feel like I'm in paradise, thanks to him. Now we're off to the studio for day 1 on the new album! Today is going to be amazing :)"

He's so sweet. I commented back on the post, saying, "Anything for you! You gave me Heaven, it's only fair I give you paradise <3"

Ricky looked up from his phone, smiling that beautiful smile. He walked around the counter and stole a blissful kiss from me. "You're perfect, you know?"

"I'm only what you make me." I responded.

Ricky giggled and went to sit back down. While the coffee maker boiled, I continued to check my Instagram feed. Ryan had posted a picture about twenty minutes ago, of Bella clinging to Devin as the two hugged. He wrote, "First day on the new album. We're headed to the studio and these two are having a problem saying goodbye! Guess which one is being a bigger baby about this? #ItsGhost"

Awh, they're just too cute! I wish Shiloh was back in the family pictures. People have been asking where he is, and we all have just been ignoring the comments. I did notice that Shiloh had liked Ryan's picture, so he obviously has been watching. I know he misses us all terribly, and I hope he can come back home soon.