26 | California

| Devin's POV |

Two weeks passed and we decided to return to our home in California. Bella didn't want to leave Scranton and I couldn't blame her. I promised her, we'd be back before she knew it. What I just didn't know how to explain, is how sick Shiloh was, and that we had to go home to take him to his doctors.

How do you tell a five year old that you can't hold her hand, because you have to keep her momma from falling over? And yes, she does refer to Shiloh as her mom. Shi finds it cute and just lets it happen. Even if he did want to argue against it, he doesn't have the energy to do so. The only way he could handle the long flight home was by sleeping the whole time. Even when we woke up upon landing, he clung to me for dead life.

"It's okay." I whispered as the plane hit the ground and he tightened his grasp on me. "We're almost home."

He barely found comfort in that. It took a few moments for the plane to park at the skyway. Once it did, I helped Bella gather her things while Shiloh tried to find the will to stand. Balancing a child and a sick husband is not easy. Luckily Bella agreed to walk on her own. I think even she can talk Shiloh isn't doing well.

With a carry-on hanging over one shoulder, my poor frail Shiloh balancing on the other, and a toddler in tole, I walked through the skyway out to the airport.

"You going to be okay to walk?" I asked Shi. "It's a long way to baggage claim."

"I'll be fine." He muttered.

I sighed to myself as I thought, no you won't be. We took the elevators to the floor baggage claim was on. As we walked out, I saw a restaurant towards the exit of the airport. I had my two trouble makers follow me towards it.

"Sit down here." I told Shiloh. "You two get yourself something to eat while I go grab the bags."

He took a seat at the high table. I lifted Bella into the chair across from Shiloh, just as a waitress approached the table.

Shiloh looked at me with those beautiful puppy eyes. "Are you going to be okay to get everything yourself?"

I kissed his temple. "I'll be fine. You just eat and take it easy, okay?"

~~~

Even as stubborn as Shiloh is, he admitted it was good I forced him to eat something. We got home about an hour later, and I carried everything in, telling Shiloh to just worry about himself.

"Bella, go play in your room, okay Sweetie?" I spoke and she listened.

She ran off towards her bedroom. Once I could finally drop all the bags, I picked him up. He squeaked a bit from shock, then settled in my arms.

"Devin," Shiloh mumbled as I carried him to our bedroom.

"Yeah Baby?"

"I feel like I'm dying." He painfully whispered.

"Baby-" I gulped. "Don't say those things. You're scaring me. You'll make it through this, alright? Let's just get you rested and I'll call your doctors in the morning."

I entered our bedroom and laid him down gently. I really did try to be as careful as possible, but he did seep some groans. Shiloh has never been this sick before. Even battling HIV, it's never been this bad. I closed the curtains to get rid of the light.

"Is there anything I can get you, Baby?" I asked softly.

"No," He responded. "Just make sure Bella is taken care of."

I leaned over the bed and kissed his forehead. "I will. I love you, Baby Doll. Sleep well."