Awake Elmax

"El sweetie I'm going home will you be ok here alone?" Joyce asked worriedly "I'm not alone max is here" El looks down at max laying on the hospital bed with tubes going through her body. Joyce gently kisses els forehead before leaving the room.
El pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket, a few days ago her therapist had told her to write down what she wants to say to max then read it to her whenever El was alone visiting her. "Dear max i don't know if you can hear me but i need to tell you something" El looks down at the paper hesitantly before continuing " max I'm sorry i was such a horrible friend this past year i never even sent you a letter, i guess i was just scared that if we started talking those feeling would come back, i don't even think you feel the same way but i loved you max i guess i still love you and if you love we as well i should tell you that Mike broke up with me last month so he could date will. Anyway max i hope your not in to much pain and that you wake up soon love eleven" El tucked the note under the teddy bear she had given max years ago and left the room.
As she walked through the hospital halls she walked past Eddie's room and saw Steve and Dustin sitting near his bed. She walked outside and used a pay phone to call Joyce
"hey mom I'm done could you come get me?"
"Sure honey i will be there in 10 minutes"
"ok thanks see you soon"

  ~~~time skip to the middle of the night ~~~

RING RING El hears hopper get up to answer the phone a few minutes later he walks into her room "the hospital called max is awake" "wait what really?!" El jumps out of bed "are we going to see her?" "Yeah we need to get dressed" hopper walks out of the room and El quickly gets dressed and runs out of the room.

They get into the car and hopper starts driving "dad why did they call you and not her mom?"
" they couldn't contact Susan and we where the next people on her contact list" "oh" they get to the hospital and hopper explains what's going on to the front desk lady (idk what that job is called) El walks into maxs room while hopper waits in the waiting room allowing the girls to have some alone time.
El sits in the chair next to maxs bed max turns her head to face El "max your awake, I'm so happy your ok" max sweetly smiles at El and El grabs her hand " i could hear you" " y-you could?" Max nods " well it was a little muffled" "how much did you hear?" " almost all of it" they sit in a comfortable silence until max notices tears streaming from Els eyes "what's wrong?" "I'm just so happy your awake" el wipes the tears away from her eyes. "El about what you said" "oh yeah that" " i feel the same about you" "really??" "D-did you really mean what you said?" "Yeah i did i just didn't expect you to feel the same" el leans down and gently kisses max.
A few hours later hopper and the rest of the group walk in to see max and el sitting and reading a comic.