Cuddles steddie

So sorry it's been so long!! I've been preoccupied with a sick foster puppy but he's doing better now.

Eddie was tired it seemed like he was always tired these days, since they had defeated vecna and cleared his name, he had moved in with Steve since most of the residents of Hawkins still didn't believe that he hadn't killed those three people.

He was tired but he had recently started having bad nightmares whenever he slept the only thing that would calm him down after one of these nightmares was Steve cuddling him, but Steve wasn't home right now he had promised to go to maxes physical therapy with her and he wouldn't be back for another hour.

Eddie decided that if he just laid on the couch he would just wait for Steve to get home, but he soon found himself drifting off, deciding that he was too tired to get up he allowed his body to drift off to sleep.

Steve walked into the house after spending two hours with max at her physical therapy appointment. He saw Eddie on the couch with tears running down his face.

Steve slowly walks over to him realizing that the other boy was asleep, Steve gently shook the boys shoulders to wake him up.

Eddie woke up breathing heavily and glancing around the room in fear. He saw Steve's worried face looking down at him as he continued to breathe heavily.

"Eds calm down its okay, it wasn't real" Steve says sitting next to the boy

Eddie nods as his breathing slows comforted by the presence of Steve's hand on his leg.

"O-okay I'm feeling better" Eddie breathes out

"Oh good, honey what happened?"

"J-just a bad dream"

Steve pulls Eddie into a hug which soon turns into the two boys laying down, Eddie scoots closer in Steve's arms and sighs contently