Their back Harringrove

@readreadreadwing
Sorry if it's not the best I'm running on 6 cans of monster and haven't slept in 4 days. It's not exactly like the request but it is mostly just changed up a few things.

Billy was driving to his date with mrs wheeler when he saw Steve walking along the empty highway, confused he pulled up next to him. Steve looked at the car anxiously as he realized it was billy he calmed down slightly, billy rolled down his window.

"What are you going out here pretty boy?"

"Damn kids messed up my car" Steve muttered

"So your just planning on walking everywhere till you get your car fixed?"

"Yeah i got a thing at the mechanics tomorrow"

"Oh, well enjoy your walk i have a date" billy said as he rolled up his window and started driving away slowly.

Steve slowly continued his walk.

After a few minutes of driving Billy's car seemed to malfunction slowing to a stop. He angrily mumbled some curses under his breath and punched the dashboard a few times.

Billy's car has been out of few for a few minutes after he drove away from steve. Steve was still walking when he saw Billy's car pulled over with the lights flickering slightly. Concerned he approached the car and saw billy crawling out of the driver door. He quickly walked over to him.

"Billy are you ok?"

Billy had passed out on the pavement Steve kneeled next to him Steve tried to lift billy back into the car but he was to heavy and that's when Steve realized how cold Billy's body was. Steve practically screamed Billy's name as he tried to wake him. Just then billy woke up panting.

Before either of the two could say anything they heard a low growl from behind the car. The two young men quickly stood up ready to face whatever was behind the car. There was another growl like sound and a Demogorgon approached them from behind the car.

(A/n yeah i know that's not what happened but just go with it as i need Steve to know what the creatures are and he wouldn't know the mind flayer)

"OH FUCK!" Steve yelled

Billy looked at Steve confused as the large creature stepped towards them. Steve stood there staring at them not sure what to do. He started slowly backing away billy followed his actions.

All steve had on his was a little pocket knife and a lighter. Just then he saw a large tree branch that was just slightly out of reach, but the demogorgon had started moving faster and Steve knew the only chance they had of surviving was on him. He somehow managed to grab the tree branch and the lighter from his pocket, he quickly lit the end of the branch and stepped in front of billy poking at the creature with the flaming branch. He grabbed billy with his free arm and circled around the demogorgon back to the car. Billy quickly got into the cars driver seat as Steve approached the back passenger seat still poking at the creature. Billy was now able to get the car started, Steve opened the door and threw the stick directly into the demogorgons open mouth as the fire was about to spread to his hand. He swiftly got into the back seat of the car while the demogorgon was distracted and slammed the door.

"Drive!" He yelled to billy who sped out of there.

Steve climbed into the passenger seat next to billy who still looked shaken up.

"You ok man?" Steve questioned

"What was that thing? And how did you know how to deal with it?" Billy questioned

"I don't know i guess i just assumed it didn't like fire poking it" Steve said nervously

Billy didn't believe him one bit