What are you doing here? Nicky nichols x fem reader

Tw slight swearing ig
There is going to be some stuff about the American prison system that won't be correct but i don't care as i don't live in America.

You wake up staring at the ceiling of your childhood bedroom, you rub your eyes feeling the dried tears that had collected around them. You glance at the clock seeing it is 5am, you sit up and turn on the light on the side table.

Your parents had recently passed away in a car accident so you had returned to Manhattan to sort out the will. They had left you the estate and half of their fortune the other half had been donated to charity. You stumble out of bed and into the bathroom, after using the bathroom you wet a towel and wiped all the dried tears off your eyes. You walk back into the room and grab some clothes before going to shower.

After your shower you go downstairs into the kitchen where the counter was covered in your childhood belongings you decided to sort through after going into the attic yesterday. You make yourself a cup of coffee before sitting down at the counter grabbing a few books from the many piles of your childhood items. You flip through some old picture books, deciding to keep one and donate the other two when you see your high school yearbook from freshman year. You take a sip of your coffee before starting to look through the yearbook.

As you flip through the pages you suddenly notice a photo of you standing next to your secret girlfriend with the caption "besties" written in colourful letters. You stare at it remembering that girl Nichole Nichols. You wondered what happened to her she had dropped out of school senior year, she hadn't said even goodbye she had just disappeared.

You remembered how much her mother disliked you even though you hadn't done anything wrong and that's when it hit you, you still remembered her fathers number, he had always been okay with you or at least he pretended to just to piss off his ex wife.

Though you highly doubted that the number would be the same as it had been almost 14 years you decided to try it anyway because you desperately wanted to know what happened to the girl who you had once loved. You picked up your phone and looked at the time, the screen read 7:23am you decided to wait a few hours before calling as to not wake him up.

You started organizing some of the rooms, your thoughts somehow kept going back to Nicky.

Thoughts like, what if she is really successful? What if she has a family? What if she doesn't want to see me? Why didn't she say goodbye? Took over your thoughts as you cleaned up the kitchen.

You glanced at the clock to see it was now 12:42pm and decided now would be a good time to see if calling your high school ex's father was a good idea.

You sat down at the island and picked up your phone typing in the number you lifted the phone to your ear. It rang twice before it was answered.

"Hello?" A gruff voice answered

"Hi, is this Les Nichols?" You nervously asked

"Yes, this is him"

"Oh..."  you trailed off suddenly not knowing what to say

"Hello? Are you still there?" He said sounding annoyed

"Yes sorry, my name is Y/N i was close with your daughter Nichole in high school and i was just wondering what ever happened to her"

"Oh.. i remember you, Nicky was always talking about you." His voice softened as he spoke

"So..?"

"She's a ward of the state locked up in Litchfield maximum security penitentiary" your heart sank when you heard that

"Oh my..."

"I'm sure if you call the prison they would let you visit, i need to go now goodbye"