chapter 5: all your fault

Everything happened so fast that neither Lisa nor Chloe could comprehend what was happening.

Mr. Martinez ran at lightning speed and with a deafening roar.

In an instant, his large hands were wrapped around her small neck.

His eyes glowed with fury as his nose flared continuously.

Slowly, his eyes were bloodshot and filled with an intent to murder, repeating one word in particular as he continued to choke the life out of her.

"It's all your fault!"

He roared, as he increased the pressure of his hands wrapped around her neck.

"A—am s—sorry,"

Lisa choked on her words as she felt her eyes slowly roll to the back.

Her face turned blue as she struggled to get away from his chokehold on her.

"Shut up!" He barked.

"I want you to keep quiet and remain that way permanently," he said, as his eyes glowed once more to kill.

Spit dripped from the corners of her mouth as she continued to struggle.

"L—let go of me."

She coughed, as tears brimmed down the corners of her eyes.

Her airways burned, as she struggled to gasp for air.

"Let her go, you idiot!"

Chloe screamed as she flew to the aid of her choking friend, only to be shoved roughly to the side by Mr Martinez.

"Stay out of this, Chloe I will deal with you later. "  He growled darkly.

"Let go of her right now!" She demanded, almost on the verge of tears.

She glanced at Lisa and noticed her eyes were dropping.

Lisa could not struggle anymore. Her efforts were ineffective against this brute force.

Smash!

She heard the sound of broken ceramics and felt the hands around her airways loosen.

Her body dropped heavily to the floor, as all energy had been drained from her.

Her body convulsed as she tried to breathe freely once more.

She felt the blood rushing back into her body and could not help the sobs that escaped her lips.

"Are you alright?" Chloe asked as she ran to her side, panic evident in her voice, as she helped her sit up.

Mr Martinez took three steps back, looking at Chloe in awe as he held the back of his head.

Seeps of blood gushed heavily onto his shirt and to the floor.

His vision started to smear as he held onto the table as if his life depended on it.

"Did you hit me? With a vase? " He said as he brought his right hand over his face for inspection.

"And so what? You were trying to kill her. It was self-defence. " Chloe yelled at the top of her lungs, her face red with anger as tears smeared her cheeks.

"I will kill you. Both of you! " He clenched his fists as his eyes scanned the office, looking for a weapon.

His eyes settled on a coat rack, and his eyes flashed.

An evil smirk rested on his thin lips as he walked over to it. With each step he took, he left a trail of blood.

"Stand up. You need to stand up!"