Chapter 36 remember the rules

Saw some beautiful comments and decided to post 😚
-&-------

~

With the rush of maids here and there, Lisa stood unbothered by their actions.

Sure, she was wary, but other than that, nothing else.

Having learned so much from Mrs. B about her mate, put her in a complicated mood.

She felt... different, and now she also saw things differently.

Who would have thought that she would see herself in a position like this? Not her, because if it were Lisa three weeks ago, she would have forced a laugh on her face, killing herself with jobs here and there.

To think she would ever consider a thing, an animal, a wolf in the form of a man, a mate.

A soulmate, to be exact.

Not just any soulmate—the kind that binds the heart, soul, and mind together.

It was too terrifying to believe, but it was true.

She felt it herself
.
She couldn't even know what she felt; all she knew was that she felt something that shouldn't exist for a stranger, and it wasn't love at first sight.

It wouldn't be this strong if it were.
It felt like she had known him for ages and was just waiting for him to confess.

It was numbing and terrifying.
"His highness is back!"

The sudden cry sent her brain a spark.

She wasn't ready!

She didn't want to face him, especially not now!

Her thoughts were too confusing!

It's one thing to hear from Mrs. B and another to hear from the horse's mouth directly.

Who knows if this was a fabricated lie just to get her sympathy? She thought with a worried frown as maids rushed downstairs to the hall.

A dark limo pulled into the palace grounds, and in grand style, a middle-aged man stepped out from the front seat of the limo, coming to open the doors at the back.

By now, the maids had all lined up neatly in rows, their elegant uniforms all ironed, which sent a different feeling.

Judging from how the middle-aged man ignored them and how the maids all tried to subtly greet him, Lisa could already start to imagine the identity of the man.

With one hand behind his back and the other in action to open the car's door, a loud shout escaped his throat, smooth and clear, horned from years of use.

"Presenting His Royal Highness!"

With the chamberlain's announcement, everyone fell to a bow.

Not even a head was raised as he walked past them.

If they could, they would have bowed even lower than that.

Lisa watched from the floor to the ceiling window she stood at, the cold look on Marcos face making her heart pound.

She could not get herself.