Chapter 44 watch your back

Double update for the holidays! (◕ᴗ◕✿)

Walking calmly, worrying that her footsteps would be too noisy, Lisa held her breath, wincing in her heart and glancing at the teenager in front of her.

His tall physique, similar to that of Marcos', looked nothing like the thirteen-year-old he truly was.

The only reason one could tell he was still a teenager was through his face, which still had some baby fat, and his childish actions toward his elder brother.

She moaned, it wasn't easy living in a lion's den as a mouse.

He directed her to a passageway, thrusting the enormous red doors with tremendous strength, inside a room that turned up to be his.

The mattress was neatly made, the chamber, elegantly dressed with the best furnishings, and the walls, smeared with exquisite colors that suited the demeanor of a prince.

The only downside of it all was how depressing and bleak the room felt despite how sumptuous the room turned out to be.

"Do whatever you like, just don't get the room dirty," Damien mumbled, his surprisingly profound voice scaring her, as it was the first time he spoke to her, but it gave her no room for any discussion.

"Oh, okay." She said dully, taking in the full view of the chamber. "Your room is beautiful."

"It's not mine, I just live here." He responded coldly, frowning at Lisa unkindly, like she had just flung, offensive words at him.

"I am remorseful, I never knew my words would offend you." She uttered hurriedly in panic.

What she yearned for was to get close to Damien even if it was leaving an impression.

It wasn't just for Marcos' sake but also hers.

If she desired her plan to escape to succeed, she had to get Damien's trust, since he was going to be living at Marcos' palace with them.

And yes, she still thought about running away, and not because she and Marcos were already getting along could hold her back.

Even disregarding the fact that she felt how insanely the bond between the two of them grew.

"Well you should know, after all, you are my brother's mate." He said as a matter of factly, snorting out the last part. "My brother should have told you some things around here, especially concerning us, that's why he entrusted you to me." He interrogated her like a cop, making her sweat.

"Yes, he did say some things," Lisa affirmed, causing Damien to sneer. "And your brains didn't tell you to keep shut?"

Using his height as an edge, and the fact that he was a werewolf with supernatural capacities, for a while, he made Lisa feel guilty.

"Stop!" Lisa yelled, feeling overwhelmed, and coming to her senses.

"Stop making me feel peccant for doing nothing, I had no intent of making you feel bad, and I do not know what you think on regular occasions. I don't have any powers that read minds or anything!" She screamed, breathing heavily, and looking at him with red eyes.

"I simply wanted to know you so I tried to strike up a discussion with you since I have nothing to talk about but since you don't want to talk to me then fine, so be it, I won't get close to you."

Damien gaped, pursing his lips, his almost comparable silvery eyes, like that of Marcos, staring at her, in wonder.

This was the first time in years, anyone had ever spoken to him like this, awfully a human.