chapter 18 "ultimate price"

"Marcos found his mate."

"What?!"

She sat up swiftly, every pain vanishing in an instant.

"I just found out from one of my men who was monitoring him."

"This is bad."

She mumbled, putting her feet on the ground, before standing to walk.

"This is bad." She yelled in frustration as she paced about the room, her hands clutching her hair.

"I know, but what are we going to do about it?" Fredrick asked, his anger mirroring that of his mother.

"I am thinking okay!"

She cried out in anger, one of her hands on her hips, the other on her forehead.

"When did this happen?" She stood after a long pause.

"When did what happen?" Frederick asked, his eyebrows pulling in confusion.

"When did he find his mate, stupid?" She lashed out in anger, her green eyes taking on a yellowish hue.
Fredrick pursed his lips; his eyes flashed briefly at being scoffed at before he replied.

"Two days ago."

"T–two days ago?"
She stammered, pale in disbelief, the shock evident on her face before the rage set in.

"Two days ago, and you are just finding out now?" She roared, every form of modesty flying out the window.

"And why are you just finding out?" She growled out, her fangs on display.

"It wasn't my fault." He replied by growling, too.

"Then who's fault is it for failing to find out on time, huh?"

"My men had a difficult time due to her arrival." He responded with a scowl on his face as his mother continued to question his competence.

"Security was doubled, and he had to be careful." He explained with a snarl.

"Bullshit!" She barked, sending spittle flying out of her mouth.

"Those are just pathetic excuses." She spat.

"Kill those incompetent lackeys you call men at once!" She ordered, her eyes flickering a dark yellow.

"I can't; they are the only ones who would remain loyal to me no matter what." He argued, his eyes also flaring.

"Are you this stupid?" She pondered aloud, staring at her son with a disbelieving gaze.

"Am not!" He snapped, his claws now extended.

"Yes, you are, and not only that, you are useless." She retorted without hesitation.

"I can't believe I birthed you." She placed her right hand on her forehead once more, her face grimly dark.

"No wonder you were never given a place on the throne or even considered a candidate." Her words were heavy with disappointment as she looked at him with a deep scowl on her brows.

Each word she spoke struck hard, piercing his heart so heavily that he physically reacted as he swayed unsteadily on his feet.

His face was red as tears stung his eyes.

He struggled to keep a straight face, not willing to show weakness or how her words hurt him to no end.

He was already a thorn in his father's side. The man detested him so much that he had left him to die so many times.

He could never deny it. Those were the disappointed eyes his father always looked at him with.

Their father never showed emotions, but he could never miss those eyes.

The eyes were, after all, a channel to the soul.

Now, these were the same eyes his mother looked at him with. It hurt way worse than when his father had always said it than actually hearing from his mother.

He felt like his world was crumbling around him.

"I am ashamed to be your mother," she cried out bitterly, her head slightly downcast as if to hide her shame. "You are a disgrace and a disappointment to me."

Those words were the last blow he needed before a tear sprang free.

One by one, they grazed his face with their salty presence.

His red face did not hide the fact that he had done a poor job of containing his tears.

His hand clutched his chest, tightly gripping the fabric of his shirt.

His claws dug through the heavy materials his shirt was made of, making huge rips and tears.

His once-regal attire soon turned into rags, but he was too bitter and heartbroken to care.

He looked at his mom while blinking his eyes rapidly, trying to suppress his tears, but they were of no use.

"Pathetic." She sneered, her nose wrinkling in disgust.

"At my words, you are on the verge of having a breakdown." She lashed out, the corners of her eyes turning red in anger.

"And you wanted to be the king so badly." She taunted, a bitter smirk on her lips.

"Are these the qualities of a king?"
She asked, raising an eyebrow, her scowl ever more present on her beautiful face, making her look like a witch.

"I am very certain that if it weren't for the fact that I was still around, you would have already curled up into a ball and been crying your eyes out." She spoke, her voice dripping with disdain.

He set his gaze downward, his mother's hate-filled eyes boring a hole in his upper head, his heart breaking into a million pieces as his ears soaked up her disgusting words.

Frederick could not hold it in
anymore as he watched his tears drop on his shoe and, in some cases, on the rug under his feet.

He clenched his claw-like fists, which were still ripping his cloth.

The clenching of his fists made the fabric tear completely from his chest.

She was right, and he knew it. If it wasn't for the fact that she was still here, he would have gone into his room to cry.

"Oh, does it hurt to hear these words come from me?" She whispered in fake pity, holding her hand to her chest as she drew in a fake breath, mocking him with taunting eyes.

His head was downcast, so he failed to see the look in her eyes.

He heard her footsteps coming toward him, and he could see her shoes in front of him, but he refused to raise his head, too afraid to see the same disappointment in her eyes.

"Oh, my dear baby." She cooed lovingly, her hands resting on his cheeks and using them to raise his head.

"Mommy knows you are useless, so mommy is going to make you useful and make all your heart desires come true, but you have to work with me and do everything I say, okay?"

"Yes, mom," Frederick replied, his eyes staring straight into his mother's.

"Good boy." She called, tapping his cheeks, and if he were a dog, he would have wagged his tail.

"First, kill those useless subordinates of yours, then I will tell you my plan." She gave a harsh order, giving him no choice but to do as she says.

"Yes, mother." He sighed.

"Good, because I just came up with a plan that would ruin Marcos forever, and death would be the ultimate price." She grinned crazily, her yellow eyes flashing darkly.

"A price he has to pay, and a death that cannot be avoided no matter how hard he tries."

So uhmmm... Am late sorry? My head was really... But am Good now.

Vote || comment 😁