chapter 34 starting a purge!

"Please, please, it wasn't my fault!" An anguished cry sent chills down the spines of people present to hear.

His repeated pleadings, sent panic into weak hearts, causing the stench of fear to reek in the air…

In a certain part of an underground base, a huge figure sat comfortably on a chair with his legs crossed, his very figure in a dark blue tux looking imposing and detached.

His face neither fell nor rose because a person was being tortured right in front of him.

"Luke," he suddenly called, making the pleas turn into small sobs as an energetic youth who administered the torture to an old man chained to the wall, and covered in blood, walked over.

"Yes boss," Luke answered, crouching once in front of the majestic chair, disregarding the fact that he was stained with blood.

"Had fun yet?" Marcos asked, his eyes straying to the man chained to the wall.

"Not really," Luke replied dejectedly. "He spoke too soon."

With a helpless gaze, Marcos watched Luke's face fall, not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

"He told you where my goods are being kept?" Marcos confirmed, his eyes turning to the chained man.

"Yes." Luke nodded.

"Release him," Marcos ordered, watching as figures moved out from the shadows and towards the man.
With a pained grunt, the man fell to the floor, coughing out blood.

"Look up." Marcos' cold voice suddenly passed through the air, making the man pause in his actions. "Where are my goods?"

His direct question sent panic into the man's heart, making him pass out urine!

"I…" he stammered, looking into the dark eyes of Marcos, which turned out to be a mistake.

Suddenly, he watched as Marcos' eyes flashed a dangerous red, mixed with gold, two colors conflicting with each other.

"Ahh!" The man flinched in fear.
Never had he seen a human with flashing eyes!

Correction, was the person sitting before him still described as a human?

He had heard terrifying tales of the man sitting before him, many telling of his towering, huge body frame, so abnormal to many people.

His ruthless ways, and how he never let those who crossed him live to see the next day!

Everyone involved in this business was ruthless in one way or the other but they should have known!

No one survives this long without being wiped out!

His men were so invincible that you couldn't even touch a single hair on their bodies!

These were hints, but yet they all turned a blind eye to these signs all because they were too greedy!

"Please—" he tried to beg but was mercilessly cut off by a growl.

"I don't have all day to speak."
Marcos threatened. "Who instigated you all to rebel?"

"It was a man!" The man said, his eyes rolling slightly to the back of his head.

Splash!

A cold bucket of water was doused on him before he could pass out.

"You are wasting my time old man." Marcos retorted impatiently, "Cut to the chase or your life might be cut short sooner than you think."

"I am telling the truth, please spare me! It wasn't my fault, I never meant to lead any rebellion but I was threatened!" The man gritted aggrieved.

A raised eyebrow from Marcos made the man continue.

"I suddenly received a message from one of my men, and they threatened to burn my warehouse unless I did what they said! I tried to keep it under control by sending a few of my men to safely guard the warehouse, but those people were too strong, and all my men were killed!"

As he complained, he clenched his fists tightly, his nails dug into his palm.

Marcos' voice suddenly interrupted his loathing, "And what was your next action?"

Ashamed, the man bowed his head, hiding his disfigured, swollen face, "I had no choice but to listen to them when they came to meet me but it wasn't voluntary! They kidnapped my daughter!"

"That isn't an excuse, Don Anthony." Luke snorted, "When you decided to do this job didn't anyone tell you that you shouldn't mix your personal life into your work?"

"I didn't mix my life! I had no choice!" Don Anthony tried defending himself.

"Tsk," Marcos suddenly tsked,  sending a kick his way. "I wonder how you got to be the don with your level of thinking. Weren't you told you had to leave everything behind, including your loved ones when you do this business? Admit it, you were naturally greedy."

"I admit it, your highness, my greed caused my fall." He admitted solemnly.

"Where are my goods?" Marcos asked again, his face turning cold. "This time, I want no bullshit, just go straight to the point."

"They..." Anthony hesitated, swallowing, as his eyes moved frantically around the room. "I..."

"Speak!"

A punch suddenly landed on him after the yelled command.

"I only deliver the goods, I ask no questions, and see nothing so I don't know what they did with your goods please believe me! They still have my daughter so I had to continue working for them."

His pleading only added fire to the fury that threatened to ravage Marcos.

"Fool," Marcos sneered, "what business do I have with your daughter's life? The fact that she fell into their hands was due to your carelessness but you had the halls to involve your business in mine, even going as far as attacking my men and stealing from me. Have I been so lenient that you all have forgotten who I am?"

Wham!

An iron steel which appeared like it came out of nowhere suddenly landed on Anthony's body, sending him flying.

His body hit the thick brick wall behind him, and if it weren't for the fact that he was supernatural, he would have died from the impact!

Several bones shifted, twisting in awkward angles never meant to be, blood marrying the floor like paint.

Anthony's breathing was so faint, that you could hardly perceive it.

"Such a bold thing." Marcos' chilling voice sounded from above him, his once-dying heart beating loudly in his ears.

"You made a mistake fearing the wrong person Anthony, and it's going to cost you your life, and that of your daughter since you cherish her so much."

The horror he had never dared to imagine etched into Anthony's face.
"Please, please, I'd do anything. Please spare my daughter."

His begs fell on deaf ears.
"Remember my name?" Marcos answered instead, "say it." He urged, using the bent steel to lift his chin, his bloody face coming into view.

"Wrath." Anthony breathed, hopelessness displayed on his face.

"That's right." Marcos nodded, then whispered into his ears, "You made a mistake by fearing the last person Anthony but, don't worry, I will make sure it's your very last."

He was starting a purge!

Those stinking rats who had the galls to make dents in his walls were all going to pay, he made sure they would, every, last one!

"Elf!"

He called, his summon causing a man with long ears to appear right in the middle of the cell.

"Your majesty," the man bowed, with one knee touching the ground.

"Send word to every alpha, coven, pack, or whatever they come in. Every head under my name, I want them here in less than an hour max! And assemble every magic user available, I want all the details and information about those moles in my house. We are preparing for war! And many are going to d*e!"