Chapter 50 Run for your life!

To many people, the day of the blood moon was a bad omen.

Many people think this is true while some believe it's only a person being superstitious.

The majority of people who believe this is true are the supernaturals, particularly the werewolves.
Thirty minutes.

It was all that remained until that cursed moon rose in the sky.

Creak~

The floorboard beneath Damian's feet, moaned at his weight, complaining to the teenager how brutally it had been stepped on.

One couldn't blame him though. Everyone in the place was uneasy~

He ruffled his hair, going to look out the floor-to-ceiling window in his room.

He hadn't seen his older brother for the whole day and he didn't know what to do.

At a time like this, Marcos ought to have been home, preparing how they were going to spend the night.
The secret guards were still around them but very soon, if those people didn't get into their chains, they would become assassins.

Presently, every wolf was a walking time bomb and the most oblivious to all these was his sister-in-law who sat on his bed, eating a grape with a book still in her hand.

She had been reading that damned book for three days straight.

"Sit down Damien. You moving around hurts my eyes." Lisa rebuked, looking up from the book and tucking her hair behind her ears.

His eyes came to stare at her. "Aren't you worried?" He asked, walking up to her.

"What for?" She was confused.

"My brother isn't back yet." He stated, his eyes darting out the window once more.

Holding up the grape to her mouth, "What for? He comes home late sometimes." She said with a mouth full.

Damien squeezed his face, "No, this is different." He walked to the window, almost resting on it.

"I don't see how it is." She dismissed, "Sometimes, he goes without coming back till the next morning." Playing with a bunch of grapes, squeezing them.

Grape juice poured over her book, as she played with the grape. She jolted from the bed, flapping her book to get the juice off.

"No, you don't understand!" Damien almost yelled. He was frustrated by the woman's uncaring attitude. "I have some kind of connection with him. All werewolves have, cause he's king but my bond with him is slightly different. It's familiar."

She paused her actions, "then what do you feel right now?"

He frowned, placing a hand on his heart's position. "The desire to protect."

"W–what?" Lisa stammered, looking at the teenager and almost scoffing. "What do you mean by that? How can you feel the need to protect the king? He's the king, what could harm him."

"I don't know, but it's making me restless." He paced, yanking his hair. "It's driving me insane! I feel like my only priority is to protect him and kill."

"K–kill?" Her eyes flew wide open. "You want to kill?"
She stared at him in fear, her eyes studying his every move. The teenager was only thirteen and he already had thoughts of killing.

"Gosh!" He exhaled, looking at the fear written on her face. "It's not like that! I meant to protect him from his enemies!"

"Oh," she said, not believing his words. "Alright, but are all werewolves currently feeling what you feel?"