chapter 26 "rejection"

Happy new month in advance y'all 😎
********

"Stop Marcos!"

A large wolfish head turned at the shout of his human mate, tilting his head but never once loosening his grip around Anna's neck.

"Stop it, please." She begged, "You are killing her."

He snarled, tightening his fists around Anna's neck even more.

Crack!

Snap!

Faint, bone-like cracks bounced off the walls, filling the massive, silent, and tense chamber.

"Luna!" The maid cried, gripping a piece of Lisa's cloth, seeing how lifeless Anna had become.

"Stop it!"

Lisa yelled frantically, waving her hands, her face red, tears glistening around her eyes, threatening to fall.

"You do not direct my actions!" He growled, adding pressure to Anna's neck. By now, Anna's face had turned blue due to a lack of oxygen, and her once-rosy cheeks were now pale.

"And you do not take lives as you please." Lisa retorted, stamping a foot on the ground and raising her chin.

"I am the alpha, and I have every right to take her dirty life." He said this, referring to Anna. "Do not interfere!" He warned, a large puff of air escaping his mouth.

"Put her down!" Lisa shrieked, "Now!"

"I am not a dog you can control!" He snapped, baring his teeth at her.

"Know your place!"

"Luna!"

The maid cried helplessly, clutching her chest.

"I am sorry." Lisa cried, shaking her head slowly as she stepped back, throwing her head away from the scene.

"I can't take this anymore; I have to leave." She muttered to herself, her eyes darting to the massive doors.

"What?!"

Marcos roared in rage, her words never escaping his ears.

He flung the body into his palm, not caring if she died or not.

Slam!

Crash!

Anna's body landed with a crash on impact, causing horrified screams.

"You can't leave," Marcos declared, setting his predatory eyes on his mate and daring her to take a step.

"You can't keep me here; that is called kidnapping what you are doing," Lisa replied.

Regardless, she took small steps towards the door.

"Claiming your mate is not called kidnapping." He defended, a growl escaping his lips as she continued to walk.

"I am not your mate!" She screamed, "You are a monster while I am human."

Her words dealt blows to their chests, with pain visible on both their faces. He howled in pain while she cried.

"Shut up!" He barked, his eyes red from her rejection. "Don't say a word!" He threatened.

The pain he felt was tenfold. He felt like he was being crushed by heavy boulders, and it felt like needles constantly pierced his heart.

"Fu*k!"

He murmured, taking strides towards her.

"Do not come close to me!" She said, yelling, "Stay away from me!"