chapter 15 "where is she?"

So nobody can wish me happy birthday here? 😒

Don't worry I will tell Sapa to visit alll of you. 🤣

____________________________________

Silence.

Nothing was heard apart from the stinging silence and the faint mumblings around her.

"Why...mark her?"

A faint snippet of the question broke out, followed by angry growls and then a whimper in submission.

"Don't you dare question me?" The voice roared, making her heart leap even when she was unconscious.

"...Alpha."
The voice whimpered like a dog that had been scolded.

She could only hear their words faintly, but that very word, "alpha," stuck to her brain before she fell once more into darkness.

The next time she opened her eyes, it was due to the stinging rays of the sun.

Her eyes fluttered open, drowsiness still heavy on them, while blinking rapidly to reduce it.

Her eyes scanned her environment, and her brain tried to figure out where she was.

She scrunched her brows, having no memory of when her best friend, Chloe, came to pick her up, as the room was too expensive to be called hers.

Lisa's frown grew deeper the more creases appeared above her eyebrows as she tried to figure out where she was.

She moved a little, shoving the duvet cover and pushing them to her knees, and then her eyes grew wide in mortification and horror.

Looking at her body, she found out that her clothes had been replaced, and now she was only wearing a white button-up shirt, which was two sizes too large for her, and shorts.

She flew instantly to her feet, her heart pounding as she thought of the worst things.

Her head swirled with questions, but more importantly, there was the throbbing pain in her neck.

Her hand flew over, trying to soothe the pain by rubbing it slightly and carefully.

A patch was gently laid over her neck, but it itched, and the only thing she wanted was to scratch it.

Lisa's eyes raked the room once more, taking in the beautiful room.

The soft, feather-like bed she had been sleeping on was queen-sized, and the beautiful golden-red duvet lay on the bed messily.

A chandelier hung from the ceiling, giving the room a royal look.

A huge flat screen stood proudly on the other side of the wall, claiming the majority of it.

Her lips pursed and stretched into a thin line, her brain going into overdrive due to all the thinking.

A heavy but quiet knock brought her out of her thoughts, startling her.

Once more, she grew scared, her heart battering in her ribcage as her brain finally settled on the fact that she had been kidnapped and trafficked.

The knock came again, and her heart pounded loudly in her ears, sweat appearing on her forehead.

She wanted to hide—anything to get away from here.

"Ma'am?"
A gentle voice called meekly, putting her panic on hold.

Tentatively, she walked toward the giant door, her strides painfully slow.

"Ma'am?" The voice called again.