chapter 21 "No more."

"What the fuck?"

A voice called out in mock horror, his laboured breathing the only sound in the room.

Two heads snapped in his direction, and two different gazes landed on him.

A set of wolfish eyes with a firing rage glared at him.

"Why are you here?" Marcos questioned, his rage seeping through his voice.

"I-i." He stammered, gulping audibly.

"Speak!"

Marcos roared, his voice laced with authority, an invisible force knocking him off his feet.

"I heard from the maids what was happening, so I came here." He cried out, holding his chest.

"And what makes you so brave to come in here?" He asked, irritated, looking at the person on the floor.

Marcos snarled, "Speak, Kaiden," looking at his beta struggling to get the words out of his throat while on the floor.

Marcos felt the anger in him rise, seeing his beta try to disobey his order.

He frowned at him, watching as Kaiden writhed on the ground, groaning in pain.

Everyone, even the dumbest person, knew it was stupid to disobey a command made by him.

It meant death, so seeing his beta and his best friend refute his orders unsettled him a little, but he never let it show.

There were so many reasons why Marcos was the king of not just the werewolves but also all supernatural beings.

A few reasons are not common to the public, but among the ones known was the ability to detect a lie.

He was a lie detector, a given fact, and a gift that had saved him many times.

Another was the ability to mentally punish people.

That is the case with his beta currently.

"Okay!"
Kadien croaked out, his hands repeatedly hitting the floor like he was in a wrestling ring.

"Stop, please." He cried, tears flowing silently from the corner of his eyes. "No more."

Marcos angled his head, his legs still rooted to the same spot.

He released the mental cage he had placed on his beta, a sly smirk making its way onto his lips.

"Had fun yet?" He mused, ignoring the tears flowing through the eyes of his beta. "Or do you want to keep going?"

"No, I beg you," Kaiden begged while clenching his fists beside him.

"Now," Marcos said, finally moving towards his brother, still sprawled on the floor. "Tell me the real reason you are here."

"Mrs B was worried you might do something wrong." He finally admitted it and breathed with such relief, noticing the suppressing feeling gone.

"Is that all?" Marcos asked curiously, raising an eyebrow.

It was normal for Mrs B to be worried when it came to him.

She was the only one like family aside from Damien, but looking around and seeing his frightened mate on the verge of passing out, it was too late.

The damage had already been done, but he kept those thoughts to himself. It was their problem to figure it out themselves.

"And..." he choked out, making Marcos raise his eyebrows expectantly.

"There was a breach in the defences; we discovered a spy."

"What?!" Marcos exclaimed in shock, his blank expression falling for the fourth time in just one day.

"When did this happen?" He asked, staring grimly at his beta on the floor.

"T-today," Kaiden replied, stammering at the look his alpha gave him.

"And why am I just learning of this?" He implored, his gaze fiercely piercing his beta.

"That's because there are more-ahh!" Kaiden shrieked in pain, feeling a burning prickling all over his body.

"You mean to tell me there is more?" Marcos asked with a scowl, subconsciously punishing his beta.

"That meant you were never going to tell me about this spy if it weren't for other situations arriving, am I right?"

"No-."

"Quit the bullshit, Kaiden; I never knew you were this useless," Marcos said, pacing.

His denouncing scowl was still on his face, but this time, he released his aura on purpose, choking the man still on the floor.

"How dare you keep this from me?" He demanded, slightly astonished.

"You are aware of the ramifications of what you have done, and you will face them." He threatened, looking coldly at his beta.

"I will see to it myself," he said, raising his chin in the air. "What more do you have to tell me?"

Kaiden forcefully shook his head as tears and snot filled his reddened face.

Marcos took that as an answer, knowing full well that the amount of pressure and aura he released to attack Kaiden was enough to kill a regular, low-ranking wolf or any supernatural being.

"Good." He said, striding to the closed doors and opening them.

"I am so disappointed in you, but it was expected; you are just like the rest." He called out, stopping by the doors and scoffing at his beta.

"You!" He barked, pointing at a guard outside the hall. "Have five guards, you included, sent into the dining hall."

The guard stood at attention. "Yes, Alpha," he shouted.

"Escort my mate, the Queen, to her quarters, and ask the maids to get her ready without any delays this time." He grumbled, his threat ringing through to the guard.

"Have two guards stationed at her door; I will come to get her; we have a ball to attend in the next three hours."

A series of "yes, Alpha" came from the guard as they moved down the hall at a fast pace.

The guard struggled to keep up with Marcos, as he kept stumbling on empty blocks.

"Also have Kaiden taken to the cell and escorted by three guards." He spoke in a hurry, making the guard frown in confusion.

"I want him beaten and starved for a week," he said, pausing. "Am I clear?"

He asked, turning to face the guard, who now stood in shock at Marcos' order.

"Alpha, you want me to arrest beta Kaiden?" The guard responded, his brows pulling into a complication.

"Yes, do you have a problem with that?" He interrogated, his eyes sending a warning. "Or are you questioning my authority?"

The guard backed away in fear, his eyes growing wide in horror. "No, Alpha, I would never dare," he said while shaking his hands.

"Then do as I say and stop standing like a fool." He growled, his claws almost swiping at the guard from all the anger he felt.

The guard fell on his knees, begging to be spared.

"Go now before I snap you in half." He roared, kicking the wall as he watched the guard scramble in fright.

He kicked the wall repeatedly. All his anger and the slight ache in his heart for being betrayed were vented on the wall.

He yelled in his head, his lips pressed, and his claws scratched the wall. His eyes glowed violently as he remembered a certain pain.

His claws dug deeper into the wall, forming a huge hole as he imagined the face of his beta on it.

He took a deep breath in, and he stopped. His face ran cold and expressionless once more.

Vote and comment 😁

Very late~i know