chapter 42 A simple sorry would have done it

Pikabo 🤧

"Don't think about it." She heard Marcos try to reassure her, but she knew she couldn't get over this easily.

How? Why?

These questions kept ringing loudly in her heart.

How could her father do this to her, to them? What had they done to deserve this much cruelty?

Why would he do this to them without considering the consequences? Why would he do this knowing that with his announcement, life would have been much harder on them?

At this time, she realized and she laughed dryly.

No wonder.

No surprise she couldn't get a job or a decent apartment.

No wonder every time she got something good, it was difficult for it to last.

No wonder, those bosses of hers, or landlords, all turn black a few weeks after she got the job or the house.

Her father chose to do this to them just for his mistress and his mistress' daughter.

Knowing this, it felt like a dose of cold water had been poured on her.

Her mother did everything she could for her father.

She was obedient, caring, loving, submissive, everything you needed her to be, everything you wished you could find in a wife or a woman, was what her mother was to her father.

Almost like a loyal dog she was!

She was a woman, a mother, a model to aspire to become, but look at her now.

All because of her father, her mother was reduced to nothing but a sick patient lying on her deathbed in the hospital.

Don't even know if she could be called a patient as Lisa couldn't even afford to pay the hospital bills.

Was this how Marcos felt?

Was this how the betrayal of a close one felt? Especially from a father?

It felt like a shield that was supposed to protect her from troubles and enemy attacks, just broke.

If it had broken, it would have been fine!
It turned against her, protecting her attacker while she laid defenseless only to watch and await the oncoming gruesome pain.
Well, it felt really awful.

She looked at Marcos, and the more she looked, she felt like she really couldn't blame him for the hate he kept harboring for his father.

She was emotionless, cold.

At least she still had her mother, but what about him? She asked herself.

Just thinking about it, almost brought tears to her eyes but she smiled.

She couldn't help it.

They were different but alike in ways and circumstances.

He had a father he hated, she had a father she hated.

He loved and wanted to protect the only family he had, his younger brother, and she was the same as him, her mother.

They were both pitiful, both in need of compassion and love.

Guess, the moon goddess knew exactly what she was doing when she paired them together.

"It's okay Lisa." She heard Marcos softly say to her, worry evident in his eyes.

"I know, you don't have to worry about me." She whispered, "I was only shocked to learn of this, nothing more."

"That's good."