chapter 25 "you want death?!"

Author's note: wishing you all a happy new month and reaching out to that blessed soul Rose_Areia who pushed back into writing. Thank you. 🌺

----------------------------------

"Enough!"

In an instant, necks snapped towards the door as a gloomy, sinister voice pierced the air.

In a swift move, heads dropped low in submission and knees dropped to the earth in a flash.

Thud!

With loud bangs and coordinated motion, several people rested on their knees.

Pain spread through the core of their bones, but they were too terrified to notice how horrible it was.

Shivers crept into their bloodstreams, making them sink their necks lower in capitulation.

"Your majesty!"

Their voices nearly reached a crescendo as they struggled to breathe.

His glances swept through the small crowd, further worsening their fear.

"How rude of you!" He yelled, hardly controlling his wrath as his voice quivered.

From the corner of his eyes, he watched the small movement made by his mate taking multiple steps back in fright just from the sound of his voice alone.

"How dare you raise your hand against my mate, your queen?!" He roared, his feet slowly approaching the object of his anger.

"How dare you, Anna?!" He flailed at her, his slow walk now becoming that of a stalk, like the predator he was.

"Speak!"  

He roared, his swirling eyes resting on her trembling form.

"I–I..."

She stammered under his cruel gaze, her mind going blank as she paled like a sheet.

"Did you plan on acting like you didn't know she was my mate?!" He growled furiously, finally stepping in front of her and sensing the lie that was about to roll off her tongue.

His hands clamped shut in an attempt not to dig out her throat.

His knuckles shook and turned white, making blood seep out of the wounds made by his claws.

His face twitched, and his brows ticked while he struggled to suppress the rage within his heart for the tenth time today.

"Speak Anna!"
He threatened, this time with his fangs visibly elongating.

"It's all that human's fault!" Anna answered, her eyes flashing with every bit of hatred towards his said mate.

"MY MATE!"

He roared, quickly pounding his clenched fist on any available furniture.

"Your queen, yet you dare disrespect her!"

Smash!

"How dare you?!"

Smash!

"You want death?!" He howled, his eyes turning every shade of violent and then dark.

"Marcos—"

She began but was cut off by an angry, powerful growl from him.

"Your Highness!"

He snapped, hitting another piece of furniture.

"To you and everyone else!"

Shock made its way to her face as she stared at him.
Finally, she gritted her teeth, then she spoke: "She doesn't deserve to be your mate, your highness; she is weak and nothing but an ordinary human not worthy of being by your side."