chapter 33 his aching heart!

Bang!

He forced Fredrick to his knees without care; still, he wasn't satisfied!

It was not enough! He wanted to tear him apart!

That was the only way to satisfy his aching heart!

Bam!

His legs had been swung subconsciously by the will of his brain! That was how badly he wanted to kill the person in front of him!

It was so bad, even his brain and bones dared act without informing him, but he didn't disapprove!

Crashes sounded one after the other as he watched Fredrick's body hit the floor, knocking tables over.

Oh! What a waste of food!
The table that was knocked over was the buffer table.

Marcos gritted his teeth, just thinking of all the expenses he had to pay.

He wasn't poor, nor was he lacking, but seeing he had to pay for things broken by this fool in front of him, lying like a dead meat bag, made his heart bleed!

"All these are coming from your pockets!" He said this, grabbing him by the collar. "You wanted me to lose face so bad in front of all these people, but guess who's losing face?"

His mockery sent a jab at Fredrick's pride, his eyes quickly moving past the crowd, seeing the looks of disdain written on them and worse of all, directed at him!

"Feeling accomplished?" Marcos taunted, his fists tightly clenched at the base of the collar.

Disgust flashed through his eyes as he noticed the person he was holding, and like warning bells, he flung Fredrick across.

"Ugh!" His disgusted voice echoed, "Ashley!" He called, holding out his hands, his eyes trained on them.

"Your Highness!"

A new voice replied from behind him, making him turn to look at the blonde-haired soldier in front of him.

"Get me wipes; my hands feel different after touching him."

It wasn't a jab or a sneer, but the truth.

Just standing close to Frederick felt wrong! He couldn't tell how or why he felt that way, but he just did.

"Here, your highness," Ashley said it was like an unopened pack of wipes to him.

He took it out quickly and neatly, scrubbing whatever invisible pressure was on his hand.
Still, it didn't work. He turned and glared at Fredrick with his unfiltered mouth, not caring for the massive number of people in there.

"What the f*ck did you put on your stupid clothes?" He questioned him, eyeing him.

All he got in reply was a stupid smirk on Fredrick's face, along with a groan.

"Marcos!"

Carrion shouted, a thick red vein on his neck. "Have you no shame at all? Going as far as treating your brother this way. How heartless!"

Seeing as a new commotion was about to happen, Marcos' face never changed a bit.

He knew why these idiots were here in the first place, and it was all to paint him badly in front of all these people.

He chuckled darkly in his heart.
How foolish Carrion and Frederick were. These people standing here had all sworn loyalty to him.

He thought they could be swayed just by a few words or his actions. Dream on!

These people standing here had seen him do much worse than this!

They were mini-demons in disguise!

Countless conflicts with family and friends, strifes for the heir, bloodshed spilled just to keep on living.

They were his people, and no one understood them better than him.

"Uncle Carrion, do you think these people would be so stupid as to believe you? And how are any of my actions being deemed heartless? I was only implementing the laws. What is wrong with that?" Marcos asked, his eyes turning a dark shade.

"You...!" Carrion fumed, at a loss for words.

Marcos cut off any refutation that might have piled up in his head with his next words.

"I was a fool for a few minutes to think the likes of you or Fredrick could do anything as a threat." He smiled and said, "Guess that's how bored I am for some action."

In reality, Marcos knew that they knew why he acted like this.

That smile of his said everything!
Who doesn't know he has a mate? Who doesn't know that he didn't get along with his mate?
Who doesn't know that his mate was supposed to be here but isn't because they had a misunderstanding tonight?

It wasn't meant to be public news, but that's what you get when you never pay attention to your work!

You get leaks from holes!

Those bastards dared plant spy holes in his walls! They asked for death, and he would gladly give it!

A murderous glint flashed in his eyes as he thought, scaring any unfortunate soul who stayed in his line of sight.

His swirling, glowing eyes switched colors rapidly, from gold to red to blue, not concealing the death glint one bit.

"Your Highness!"

His chamberlain, Arthur, called, pulling him from his madness.

Arthur, without fear, walked to his king, begging to whisper into his ear.

"I beg your pardon, sir," were the only words audible enough to be heard before they were drowned.

The most frightening part that spooked Carrion was the fact that no matter how hard he sprained his ears, he couldn't hear a thing!

He gritted his teeth, bringing Fredrick to his feet.

His plans had been foiled; there was no need to stay any longer.

"Let's leave." He said this to Fredrick, turning to leave and making Frederick swallow his words.

"Uncle," Marcos called with a smirk on his lips, noticing the glum looks on their faces. "Where are you going?"

His taunt sent fire to Fredrick's heart. "Isn't this what you wanted?! Now you want to stop us?"

A dangerous glare was sent to Frederick: "I never asked a fool a question. Next time you speak without permission, you'd be at fault."

Fredrick felt a chill in his heart! Never had his "brother," Marcos, spoken to him like this!

It felt like he, Marcos, could see him through!

A sudden panic set in.

"Uncle," that majestic and magnetic voice of Marcos, drew his attention. "Have you forgotten the most basic rule in meetings like this? Or is it because you are not privileged to attend gatherings like this that you become rusty in etiquette?"

"What do you mean?" Carrion growled at the unfazed Marcos. "Remember your place, boy!"

"Exactly what I wanted to remind you." Marcos chuckled. "Who is supposed to leave first, uncle, if not me?" He paused and said, "But since I am not so heartless, I would be magnanimous enough to let it slide. In that case, I leave you a present in my absence and for your being so kind enough to visit me."

His long legs made huge strides towards the exit, his guards and chamberlain trailing behind.
...
"Disgusting," Marcos said, his hands still busy with the wipes.
He sat in the limo, his gaze resting on Arthur. "Is he here yet?"

"Yes, your Majesty."

"Good, that would teach him a lesson; it's only sad that I couldn't see his disgusting face red with anger." He grunted, "Give me details of Fredrick's activities in the past few months. I want to know what business he has with Carrion, and make sure you find out whatever useless product he has used on himself."

"Yes, your highness."

_________
Q

uestion: who knows any money making apps I really need a new phone 😫