Chapter 49 Decades ago~

Uh(WARNING!! Mentions of violence, war, rape, gore, and murder. Read with caution!)

~ Decades ago...

"Run!"

People cried out, as they shoved one another, heads turning to find a safe place as their pursuers grew closer to them, their bloodthirsty eyes glowing as they blended with the darkness the night gave.

"Hurry up Miriam!"

A man dragged his wife, with their child safely clasped in her arms.

The man pushed a scrawny kid out of his way, stepping on him without a bat of his eyelids.

The child screamed, his small voice swallowed by a sea of howls, fire blazing through houses with residents still trapped in, and sounds of gunshots flying in the air.

He dragged his wife to a sparsely dense area, shoving her in, as he hid along.

"Why did you push that kid?" His wife, Miriam cried with a red puffed face soaked with tears. "You could have helped him! He looked like he was four and you pushed him."

The man pulled a face.  "We haven't protected ourselves and our child and you want to protect other kids?" The man asked, looking at his wife like she was stupid.

She argued, "He is not older than our child! What if he was also in a similar situation as him, Ford?"

"Goddesses forbid it!" Ford rebuked, "Don't speak evil. Nothing would happen to us or our child."
He stroked his son's hair. The young lad passed out. He stunned him.

Fortunately,  Ford worked as a patrol guard and came across the enemy camp before they set off but he didn't expect the enemy to be so quick and determined!

"What are we going to do?" Miriam asked,  clutching her three and half-year-old old son tightly.

"Wait here!" Ford said, running off.

"Ford—" Miriam whispered, her eyes filled with panic but he didn't listen.

He had rushed off the end of the alley, with half his head stuck out.

He peeped,  and before his eyes, bodies of neighbors, companions,  friends, and even rivals piled along the road like discarded rubbish.

Limbs, intestines,  blood,  and shredded clothes stained the grounds, leaving nothing spared.

Fire continued to raze, as houses burned along with trapped individuals who screamed and were tortured to their deaths.

Although some appeared dead, with faint breathing signs, they weren't left either.

He watched as groups of tall men swaggered as they inspected bodies with sharp swords dancing with a glint.

Some blades were coated in blood, dripping like water, flickering or swatting the thick liquid off their blades like it was nothing.

Stab!

"Argh!"

A man who showed signs of life was stabbed by a blade through the heart.

"P—please!"

A woman begged, coughing weakly, horror in her eyes trying to get away.

"Get back here you bitch!" One of the men scolded and laughed, tearing the woman's clothes to shreds.

She tried struggling and amidst this were the endless cries of agony being inflicted on the injured and dying individual who laid on the floor, too weak to run.

Wails of the woman brought Ford thinking of his wife.
He watched with tears streaming silently as the woman was raped, stabbed,  and cut to pieces.