chapter 6: a rough nut to crack

Somewhere in a dark underground cell...

Loud, chilling footsteps were heard as they hit the ground. Dark, sleek shoes hit the ground, making a clicking sound, which sent shivers down people's spines.

Out of respect and fear for the owner of the shoes, many of the men standing as guards bent their backs to the lowest in total submission.

Sweat dripped down some of their backs, while some shook visibly at the arua that emitted from this person.

Sounds of chains rattling in the background were heard, along with panic cries, as some of the captives inside the cells tried to move farther away from this same person.

Fear and horror were written on the faces of many. Some had been driven out of their minds just by looking at this mysterious person.

The sight of the dead bodies of cellmates and wastes filled the air, making this person frown in disgust.

An abrupt stop ensued from this person.

"Couldn't any of you at least try to clean those up?" A deep, chilly voice poured out, coming from the same person, as the same person gestured to the dead bodies lying recklessly on the floor.

"Do you all enjoy the nasty smell coming from this place?" The voice growled demandingly, eyes flashing a dangerous red.

Whimpers and all sounds made in the cells came to a halt at his voice, sending shivers down their backs.

No one dared make a sound or an attempt to move.

"Sorry sir, we will make sure to clean it up." In fear, a guard uttered.

"See to it that it is done shortly. I don't like repeating myself, and I don't like it when you beg either. " He threatened, his eyes flashing once again.

"Yes, sir!" The guard replied instantly, with all respect as he bowed his head in submission.

The clicking of his shoes once more told them all he had moved.

He stopped right in front of a cell, located in the darkest part.

Guards rushed over to open the gate for him. He walked into the cell, his head held high, with his huge frame bearly allowing him in.

As a filthy beaten-up man chained to the wall screamed, agonising screams echoed throughout the cell.

Torture devices were laid on a table in the corner and stood high and proud, reminding the man that it was only the beginning.

A new round of shouts came from him, as one of his toes was being pulled off by a plier.

The man's once white clothes were now a dirty crimson. His hair was sticking out from all corners of his head as he thrashed about, yanking the chains in an attempt to get away.

The scraping of a chair on the floor, being dragged out, put an end to the ongoing torture.

Looking up a young man on Google,  made his way to the sitting man. His eyes brightened with excitement.

"Boss, you made it just in time." He mused.

"Hmm, it seems I did. Is he ready to talk yet? " The boss questioned playing with a lighter in his hands.

"Sadly, not yet, but very soon. I am working on it. He is a tough nut to crack, but I love it. " He gushed, his eyes dancing with a glint.

A dry laugh came out from the other end of the room. The chained-up man was laughing like a maniac, with a crazed look on his face.

"What is so funny?" The young man asked the laughing man before turning to his boss when he only got another laugh from the crazed man.

" Do you think I finally broke him? He was my best one yet. " The young man replied, as his eyes dropped a little in sadness.