chapter 10: I hate you

"Marcos, please wait!"

A loud, steady voice called out hastily, followed by rapid footsteps hitting the steps at the same pattern-like pace.

"Are you leaving?" The voice asks, tentatively coming to a halt right behind him.

Marcos heaved a sigh, words refusing to form in his head as he struggled to come up with a perfect excuse to give his brother.

He veered around slowly, his gestures careful as if he was approaching a scared animal when in reality it was just his brother.

He came face-to-face with the teen, noticing the curve that formed on his brow.

"Damien, it's not what it looks like." He said as he let out another sigh.

He watched as Damian's lips etched into a frown before he spoke.

"How do you mean? And what does this look like to you? " His brother inquired as he stared at Marcos with annoyance.

"Look," Marcos started, taking in a deep breath while running his hands through his hair. "I only wanted to clear my head."

"And you clear your head inside a car?" Damian asked, tilting his head a little to the side. "Do you think I am still a kid?"

The anger emanating from Damian came out in waves, bouncing off everyone present as they shook slightly on their feet.

Marcos felt a surge of his brother's anger hit him slightly in the gut, making him feel guilty a little.

"I am sorry, Damian. I was so in my head that for a minute there I forgot some things, and the only thing that mattered was getting out of here. " He huffed, as he apologised.

"You think sorry can fix this? And what were you thinking that made you forget about me entirely? " He yelled, his voice cracking.

Silent gasps were heard as the maids watched the youngest master talk to the alpha rudely.

"What the fuck do you want me to do, Damien? Go about begging for you to forgive me, or go on my knees?" Marcos exclaimed, his voice rising.

The bomb in his head finally went off as he gazed at his younger brother in pent-up anger.

"You think it's easy to live here? I don't get to see you like I normally do anymore. " His voice shook, coming out barely.

"Nobody in this fucking place even likes me, not even my father."

A growl from Marcos cut him off from his rant.

"Language! You are too young to be swearing. " Marcos growled, his eyes flickering.

"So get used to it, because this is how I talk now, and I fucking love it because no one notices. You aren't even here to correct me, so what if I swear? Everyone does it, so why can't I?"

"That is because you are too young to be swearing," Marcos repeated, a low growl escaping his chest.

"Bullshit! It's not like anyone cares what I do. I can do anything I want, and I don't take shitty orders from you, not anymore. "  Damien seethed in his eyes, glaring as he dared his older brother, pushing him to the edge.

"Watch it, Damien." Marcos barked, his chest heaving as he spoke.

"Or what?" Damien screamed, throwing his hands into the air. "You are going to spank me? Or better yet, rip my head off? "

A loud animalistic growl erupted from Marcos, forcing the young teen to go silent.

In a swift motion, his beta stood in the middle, making Marcos halt in his raging steps.