chapter 23

In the council chamber, four figures kneeled on the hard floor with their heads bent in submission towards the person sitting in front of them, with a gloomy face and a dark aura.

The person's aura bounced off the walls, mildly choking everyone in the room, but no one dared speak a word.

"Damn it!"

The person growled, his clenched fist hitting the wooden armrest on his chair and smashing it into bits.

He stood up in a flash, kicking the chair he was once sitting on.

"Smash!"

The chair broke after colliding with the wall, sending pieces of broken furniture flying in different directions, whizzing past a few guards, and leaving the faintest bit of a cut.

"Tell me, Collin, how did this happen?" He growled, turning to face one of the men kneeling before him.

"How did I get betrayed by every one of you without being informed?" He gritted his teeth, his knuckles turning white due to how hard he clenched his fists.

"I am sorry, your highness; I failed you." Collin whimpered, his head bowing deeper than before.

"Bullshit!" He snarled, "Don't give me that piece of crap; I don't need it."

"What I want to know is how one population of my council was divided and acting without my knowledge."

He walked towards the four figures, stopping in front of them, his murderous gaze sweeping through their forms.

"And right under my fucking nose!"

He growled, his nostrils flaring, causing them to whimper in fright, and his domineering aura made every guard standing drop to their knees.

"Speak when I ask you to!" He yelled, swinging his feet at a small stool holding bottled water.

Another smash was heard, causing the four council members to lower their heads further in submission, including the guards.

"I want answers, now, or your heads would be rolling off your bodies." He threatened, clenching and unclenching his fists.

His once-human hands were now covered in patches of fur, with sharp claws sticking at the ends of his fingers where fingernails once stood, their claws digging into his skin.

"We planned to tell you, sir."

A new voice spoke, his form never once moving or shaking but only moving to sink his head lower than before in submission and cowering in fear.

"You planned to tell me?" He sneered, "You only planned but never acted."

He scoffed: "What am I to you all?" He seethed, his eyes burning from pent-up anger and his claws sinking deeper into his skin.

His question rang in their ears, filling the room with tense silence and resulting in the temperature in the room dropping drastically.

"I don't like repeating myself." He snarled lowly, his clothes slowly ripping to shreds on his body.

"Twack!"

Buttons flew from his shirt, each made with materials heavy enough to leave a dent in the wall if enough force was applied.

"Crack!"

The button whizzed past a council member's ear, his ear ringing due to his beating heart.

He watched the button with his eyes as it hit the remains of the smashed furniture, leaving a huge hole and sticking its head out.

"Alpha King, sir!"

A guard shakenly called from where he knelt, quickly drawing the attention of the raged Marcos.

Slowly but surely, a hushed response left the lips of everyone before it turned into loud, bold cries.

"Amusing." He chuckled, a loud, wolfish-like snort escaping his lips, causing the room to fall silent once more.

"It's entertaining to watch you all try to please my ears, but I don't think so!" He cut off their thoughts and every attempt to speak.

His flaring eyes swept through the large chamber.

"Hear me!" His loud voice boomed in the room, almost like a grunting growl.

"According to the laws of the throne, I, Marcos, would be the new king as I have found my mate." He paused, glaring at the crowd and watching for their reactions.

"I hereby claim the throne and order you to swear your loyalty to me, the new ruler, and pledge your allegiance to my name."

"Defiance would bring death; treason would bring you nothing but a painful curse for you and your entire generation, along with the wiping out of your very existence."

"I promise you, I will bring you the worst kind of pain, and I am a man of my word." He threatened, his red, silvery, golden-like eyes glowing brightly.

The chamber was filled with an awful stillness; heavy, laboured breathing was drawn from each man in the room.

A guard standing earlier beside him rushed right in front of him.

"Bang!"

He dropped hard to his knees on the floor.

"I, David Landon, swear to you and pledge my loyalty to you and you alone, to serve the throne and to lay down my life for you."

"Bang!"
Another guard dropped to the floor beside the first one.

"I, Leon Black, swear my loyalty to you and the throne, I swear by my strength, my sweat, and my blood."

One by one, pledges were made, causing a twitch in Marco's heart.

He raised his chin higher, seeing everyone in the room, including the council members, all on their knees with folded fists above their chests.

His eyes flashed violently once more, sealing their fates with death against anyone who dared go back on their words.

Their bodies shook a little as he sealed their pledges along with their fates, their eyes swirling with different vibrant colours.

A shiver went down their spines when they felt the final snap, and a new pledged bond formed between a king and his subjects.

Back in the room, Lisa sat rooted to the same spot, staring into an empty space, her brain reliving the same scene over and over again.

Different maids stood all lined up, dread coursing through their veins as they watched the unmoving Lisa, knowing time was against them.

Two guards stood at the entrance of the massive room doors, their faces hard and their gazes sharp.

"Your highness," a maid boldly spoke up, "please, we need to get you ready."

The maid said, "time is against us." Urgently.

" Stop!" Lisa yelled, coming to her senses as the maid came closer to her.

"Stay where you are; I don't know what you are, but don't come near me!" She wagged her finger frighteningly at the maid, scooting over to the other side of the huge bed.

The maid froze, her pain filling her features and causing her to bow her head.

"I am sorry, your highness." The maid apologized.

Seeing the hurt on the maid's face made Lisa feel a pang in her heart.

She opened her mouth to say something, but something else happened.

"Bang!"

The massive doors were pushed open, and a lady in a red high-slit dress walked in.

She was a blonde, just as she was, and very beautiful.

The two guards stood behind the lady with panic, anger, and disgust on their faces, but they said nothing.

The lady's gaze swept through the room before it landed on her, making Lisa shift uncomfortably.

"Is she the one?" The lady sneered, her brows scrunching in disgust.

Silence reigned in the room, confirming the lady's assumptions.

"How pathetic!" She raged.