chapter 12"you leave me no choice."

"Mate."

He growled, his voice deep and his nostrils flaring as he took in the scent of his now frightened mate.

He watched his mate flinch in fear, her hand flying to her chest and a startled shriek escaping her lips.

Her face turned pale as the colours faded. Her eyes were wide and frantic in a quick panic.

Her beating heart was now thumping faster and filled with adrenaline and the need to run more.

His keen and sensitive ears picked up every beat her heart took.

"Mate."

He growls even deeper than before, not helping the state of the frightened Lisa in front of him.

His eyes flashed a combination of colours; a deep red and a golden yellow.

Marcos felt the bond pulling him in more, and the urge to mark his mate grew stronger.

He felt his sharp fangs growing, his self-control seeping through his fingers, and his last bit of sanity vanishing.

Taking a sharp breath, he closed his eyes swiftly, his lips pressing into a thin line.

"A-are you alright?"

A shaky voice called out, her heart still beating widely in her chest, but hearing her voice only made it harder for him to control himself.

He took in large breaths of air, his face returning to its once static look, his eyes half closed.

She tilted her head to the side, her brows furrowing and a hard glare on her beautiful face.

"Are you drunk?"

The question came off her lips, her blue-green eyes ready to murder the man in front of her for almost scaring her to death after she had smelt the faint scent of alcohol drifting from him.

She took in his appearance from the little light provided by street lights, but it was not enough for her to see his face.

He just stood there, his hands in his pockets, his lips in the tightest of lines, while towering over her.

Seeing as she got no response from him, she concluded he was drunk.

"Do you need money to get back home?" she asked directly this time, coming to his point of view, and he drank in her appearance.

He would have answered her smugly if it weren't for the fact that he was struggling to keep his animalistic side in check, but his eyes lit up a little in amusement.

She watched the creepy expression cross his features, and she never missed the lust that swirled in his eyes briefly before they turned into amusement.

"Okay, buddy—err...I think it's time for me to start heading home." She said, taking a few steps back and putting a few steps between them.

His deep, almost animal-like growl stopped her in her tracks.

His eyes flashed violently once again, but this time she saw it.

At first, she could not believe her eyes, thinking it was a trick of the light, but then it happened again.

His eyes flickered, and the same colours from earlier swirled, making her take hurried steps backwards, causing angry growls to escape the huge man in front of her.

His hands flew out of his pockets in an instant, his large hands coming out to grab his now escaping mate.

"Stay away from me!" she yelled, quick on her feet and running.

"Leave me alone." She screamed, looking back and seeing him hot on her tail.

"Get back here!" he barked, his anger rising and his self-control fading.

His wolf purred with excitement, clearly loving the chase, but it was a bad move from her.

The desire to shift and sink his teeth into her neck is stronger than ever. He felt his clothes tightening around him, and the ripping of fabric echoed in his ears.

For once, Lisa wished she had never passed that alley, but it was the quickest route home and she had no money to take the bus.

She had spent most of it earlier when she decided to visit her mom at the hospital.

Her left leg hit and sank into a pothole due to her absentmindedness, causing her to stumble and almost fall.

Due to that mistake, a huge gap had been covered between them by Marcos.

Panic-stricken, she looked over her shoulders and caught the furious look on his face, but something else was different.

Something that told her to run like her life depended on it, and it probably did.

Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, and her eyes stung.

A heart-wrenching sob now escapes her lips, seeing as he was closer than before and tears blinded her eyes.

His growls are more audible than ever, his heavy footsteps pounding the pavement and swallowing hers.

"Help!"

She screamed, her voice desperate at the thought of him closing in on her.

Looking back, she regretted her actions. He was only an arm's length away from her.

He could have gotten her, but the look on his face implied that he was ready to pounce on her.

Tears blinded her eyes once more, and before he could have the liberty of doing anything, she rounded into another alley.

He skidded past her, not expecting the turn, but she used that to her advantage.

A few metres away, she could spot a bar, grateful to see life and people on the streets and thanking her stars she had left that empty street.

"Help!" She cried louder this time, her voice filled with fear and determination.

Three heads turned to her side, their eyes going wide with shock at seeing a lady running and crying.

"Help, I don't know him."  She cried as she ran towards the group of men outside a bar.

"Get back here right now, or you will regret ever asking them for help." He growled, coming into their line of view, their heads snapping towards the huge man.

" Please, you have to believe me. I don't know him."She cried again, talking to them, urging them with her words.

" You leave me no choice then." He grunts as he walks towards them, his slow strides hitting the pavement painfully hard, igniting fear in them.

"Just know that whatever happens to these men here, babe, is entirely your fault."