Chapter 27 "New found weakness"

Okay so, my wattpad keeps stopping 😤  am pissed.

*****

"Master!"

A loud yell broke through the dark, bleak walls, singing the joys of the heart of this voice.

The sound was a sharp contrast to the gloomy halls.

"Master!"

The voice cried, pushing through a large golden door with a silver crest embedded in it.

The massive door, oozing a royal aura, separates the halls from the grand room within.

Guards lined up from every angle; their faces were grim, and an eyebrow was raised at the joy being passed by the owner of the voice.

"Master!"

The voice rang through the halls once more with a groan as the heavy door was pushed open.

Scowls crossed every feature on the guards, their faces blue in envy.

"Master!"

The voice called, panting and heaving, his hands on his knees, his eyes twinkling with glee as he looked at the person sitting on a large throne, his terrifying aura sending chills down his back but never, for once, killing the twinkle in his eyes.

"What is it, Fabian?" A low, chilly sound left the man's throat, his eyes turning sharp in an instant.

Immediately, a large amount of pressure filled the room, causing the knees of everyone present to fall.

Bang!

One after the other, guards dropped to their knees, and clangs of metal colliding with the earth resounded around the room.

"Ah!" Fabian's sob-like cry wafted through as another bang was heard.

"Pang!"

Those who dared to look up caught a glimpse of his forehead touching the ground.

"You have galls, Fabian." The man spoke lightly, walking towards Fabian, the pressure in the room intensifying manifold.

"Now tell me, Fabian," the man said, squatting in front of him, his voice turning somber. "What gave you the effrontery to barge into my chambers?"

At his question, Fabian felt an invisible knife being placed on his throat!

Blood spilled out of his mouth as a violent cough passed through his lungs.

The smell of blood permeated the air, and a cold sweat ran down his back as the red liquid also seeped from his forehead.

"Please forgive me, sir." He spoke in difficulty, his breath shaky from blood loss. "I bring news from our spies, sir."

"News?" The man asked, the pressure in the room eased a little.

"Yes, sir, news." Fabian agreed, letting hope twinkle in his eyes, and if it weren't for how weak he was or how much he was affected by the pressure in the room, he would have nodded vigorously.

"Very well then, tell me what news you bring that made you so happy enough that it gave you the guts to barge into my chambers." He replied, then paused, a sly smirk playing on his lips.

"I must warn you, though; it better be amusing or else."

His unfinished threat caused his heart to beat with unease, making him swallow a large amount of bile that had formed in his throat.

"Yes, master."  He swallowed, standing to his feet but dropping to his knees.

"Now do tell me, Fabian, what this news is all about, and make it quick, for I do not have all day." The man demanded with a threatening edge to his tone.