chapter 20 "I am not your toy."

No excuse for the late chapter, just so tired 🤸🤸

His eyes glared at her small, trembling figure as she squirmed.

His cold face took on a frown as he saw the frightened look of his mate.

"Do I still scare you?" He sighed, repeating his question yet again.

"N—no."
She squeaked out, her voice breaking and giving her away.

"I told you, I don't like it when people lie to me, bunny." He spoke lowly, his cold voice sending shivers down her spine once more.

"Am sorry." She cried, her shaky voice ringing in the air.

"For what?" he asked, his features slowly lighting up. "You need to tell me why you are sorry."

"I am sorry for lying." She mumbled, her voice low, and her face swept to the other side.

Tears brimmed around her eyes; her emotions were strangely confusing her.

Her heart felt tight, and her brain constantly fought her for making him mad.

Her face twisted in confusion as a tear slid effortlessly down her cheeks.

She was terrified of the man in front of her, but strangely enough, it was not enough to make her cry with terror anymore.

"Hmmm," he hummed, stepping closer to her but halting when he saw her moving away from him.

"Wipe your tears." He frowned, his voice surprisingly soft.

Hearing his voice, she quickly wiped her tears using her sleeves.

She sniffled, her cheeks and nose red from all the crying she had been doing.

"You still haven't answered my question." He reminded her, this time making no attempt to come closer to her.

"I am going to ask one last time, and this time, you better answer without any lies." He threatened.

"Do I scare you?" He asked again, his whole demeanour changing in an instant.

His cold, hard expression came into the light once more.

"Yes." She blurted, her breath becoming rapid.

She stared frighteningly at the man in front of her, his huge figure towering over her, and he was wearing a look that said he could snap her in half in an instant.

"Good." He said this, nodding his head in agreement with his reply and scaring her.

She gave him a look—a look that made him question his mentality, but it only made him grim.

"What?" He responded, tilting his head. "You thought I would have tried to comfort you?"

She stepped back in reply, causing him to laugh at her.

"After what you saw me do, how do you expect me to do that?" He wheezed, an emotionless laugh bouncing off his chest.

His eyes sparkled with amusement, and he gazed at her with a sly grin.

"What do you want?" She asked instead, her heart beating wildly at the sight of him.

"You should be smart enough to know what I want." He mused, his cold face falling briefly.

"You can't keep me; let me go." She yelled, her voice slightly shaken but determination present.

"I'm afraid I can't let you go; we are stuck together." He explained, briefly interlacing his fingers in the air to emphasise.

"No, we are not." She insisted, angry tears pouring from her eyes. "You can't keep me; I'm not a toy."

"I never said you were darling." He brushes it off, now sitting on the chair with a grape in his hand.

"Don't call me that!" She demanded, her feet hitting the ground in protest.
"You—I will call the cops."

He chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "Go ahead; no one is stopping you, but don't be too surprised when they don't show up."

Her mouth hung loosely at his cocky reply.

He was so confident they wouldn't show up that he even signalled for a guard to hand her a phone.

Just who is this man and what was he?

She stared blankly at the phone in her hand, her grip becoming too light, and the phone slipped right through her fingers.

"Who are you?" She implored, already afraid, her heart pumping wildly in her ribcage.

"Someone you shouldn't be afraid of." He replied casually, crossing his legs.

"I want to go home." She cried, looking at the massive doors laid open.

"Don't you dare think about it!" He warned, bringing his legs down to the floor.

"Don't mess with me, Lisa." He growled, seeing as she never took heed to his first warning.

"I have a life to live." She begged, "Please let me go."

"You can live your life very well here," he barked, ignoring the last phrase of her sentence.

"You can't stop me from leaving; that's kidnapping."

"If that's what you humans call claiming your mate, then fine." He snarled. "I don't care; you are staying, and there is nothing you can do about it."

His suppressing aura filled the room, causing the guards to fall to their knees, grunting in pain.

Sweats glistened down their foreheads as they continued to groan in agony.

"Leave us!"

His voice boomed, causing them to drag their bodies out of the halls.

She panicked, seeing as she was the last and only person in the suppressing room.

She ran towards the exit, her heart beating wildly and pumping adrenaline into her bloodstream.

Never in her life had she run this fast before. She pushed her body so hard that she would have passed out.

Lisa watched the door close in front of her with dread.

Her eyes grew wide as she stood in front of the closed door, pounding her fists repeatedly on the door.

Marcos took steady strides towards his panic-stricken mate in front of him, his dark expression making her curl to the floor.

"Please stay away." She begged,
"Stay away from me." She thrashed when he came closer.

She stared at him in horror, his once-human-like features now replaced with horrifying ones.

He halted in his steps, his eyes landing on this hand since he had failed to notice the fur that had now replaced his skin.

His wolf-like lips were pressed strangely together, his dark, violently glowing eyes never leaving Lisa's scared form.

Suddenly, the massive doors burst open, and a figure ran in, breathing hard.

"What the fuck!?"

Vote || comment 😁