chapter 7: an order or a request

"Sir!" A guard called, hurriedly walking towards Marcos. His back was stiff and a frown was on his face.

He took several gulps with fear in him as he neared him.

Marcos smelt the fear that radiated from this guard, and he felt his wolf swell with pride. A smirk danced on his thin lips as he watched the guard fidget.

The guard's pace slowed, and Marcos' frown turned into a glare.

"Faster!" He growled, his eyes flashing a menacing red.

The guard jumped physically, his pace quickened as he came to a halt in front of Marcos, his back bent forward in total obedience.

"Alpha."

Marcos felt his left brow quirk. A silent hum rumbled from his chest, as he folded his arms under his chest, waiting for the guard to speak.

"The king has requested your presence at the palace at once."

His brows pulled together in a deep frown as he stared at the guard with so much hostility in his eyes.

"Why?" He asked calmly, his voice becoming static.

The guard felt chills run down his spine as he felt his back stiffening at Marcos' incredibly calm voice.

"I have no idea alpha sir but your presence is needed at once."

"Is that an order or a request?" He asked in a chilled offended tone.

The guard felt a stab to his chest as his eyes dilapidated in horror.

"N—no alpha." The guard replied instantly as he took four steps back in fear.

"I would never dare order you sir, I am just a mere lowly guard, not capable of being as great as you are. Pardon me, my words came out wrong and out of terror."
"Please sir, forgive me." He added again, for fear of losing his head.

"Tsk!" Marcos clicked his tongue as he shook his head lightly.

"Is that supposed to be a suggestion or an apology? Or are you trying to tell me what to do? " He inquired slowly and mockingly, with his face void of any emotions.

A chill ran down the guard's spine as he felt the hairs on his body rise, goosebumps showing visibly on his skin, as warning bells rang continuously in his head.

The guard felt his wolf whimper and moved to the back of his head.

"I would never think of making you do anything, not more of being able to give you a suggestion. I am nothing more than a scumbag, not worthy of being in your sight. " The guard added, gulping as he maintained his position, his back bent forward.

"Are you trying to say I made those words up, and should not misquote you? That I might be lying? Is that what you are trying to say indirectly? "

He threw the questions at the guard, his brow forming a curve above his head as he walked closer to the guard.

The guard stood up, his back straight, as he dared to look Marcos straight in the eyes with fear evident on his face.

Marcos' eyes flashed, his eyes glowing golden as he glared at the guard with so much fire in his eyes.

"I am sorry, alpha. This dumb guard has done wrong with his choice of words. " The guard spoke, coming to his knees, hitting his head on the ground with a bang.

"Punish this guard as you deem fit." His eyes watered, as his tears leaked onto the floor.

"Hmph! weak. " Marcos scoffed.

"Very well, since you realise what you have done, you get to see another day."

"Forty laps to and from the palace, I hope that will teach you how to speak with respect next time." He said, turning his back to leave.

"I swear it won't happen next time, alpha." The guard replied gratefully, brushing his tears with his hand as he stared at the retreating figure of his alpha.

He walked up to a black car being held open by his beta and second in command.

Luke stopped a few steps away from Marcos, just in time to avoid bumping into him.

"Continue the tortures of Peter. Make sure he is damaged but not too much. He should still be able to distinguish his right from his left. " He murmured loud enough for Luke to hear.

"Yes, alpha boss. It would be so much fun and you would be impressed this time around. " A wide grin broke out on his face, as his eyes flashed with a sparkle.

"Are you coming back?" He asked, his face dropping when he saw the grim look on Marcos' face.

Sensing the drop in Luke's mood, Marcos looked up, his eyes turning a bit soft before he spoke.

"Yes."

That one word alone was enough for a grin to become plastered on his face.

"I will wait for you, boss, and this time I won't let you down. I promise. " He called after the car, as he watched the car speed off.

He skipped happily into the warehouse, the grin never leaving his face.

The guards on guard all felt a cold chill on their skins as they watched the crazy young man skip his way in.

A look of pity appeared on some of their faces, and a few shook their heads as they feared for his next victim and whoever made him mad.

Inside the car, Marcos watched the scenery of his environment run past him through the window.

His thoughts were running a thousand miles a minute as a scowl crept its way across his face.

His silence made his beta gulp nervously as they approached the palace.

His hands gripped the steering wheel hard, and his knuckles turned white when he parked the car at the entrance of the palace, but his Alpha refused to come down.

"S—sir?"

He called tentatively, his voice squeaking when Marcos didn't move but continued staring at the window with a raised brow.

"We have arrived." He whispered, his voice a little firmer than before.

A slight nod of his head, and Marcos watched his beta run to the other side of the car to get to his door.

When Marcos stepped out of the car, his dangerous aura blazed, making the servants and maids all line up to greet him, cowering in fear as he walked.

"Welcome home, Alpha Marcos." The head chief butler greeted him with his back bent forward.

"Your father has been waiting for your arrival. Please come in. " The butler gestured towards the massive doors being held open by two maids.

He knew he couldn't avoid what was coming next; he was going to come here, sooner or later.

As he walked in, he smelt trouble in the air; it was choking, but not enough to kill him.