chapter 30 lurking enemies

"Correct yourself!" Marcos yelled, taking strides toward his brother, Fredrick.

Murmurs, rise in the wake of the commotion.

Fright and anxiety clouded the air as they failed to keep to themselves this juicy information being passed live before their very eyes.

"Did I just hear wrong? That's Prince Fredrick?"

"I can't believe it myself either!"

"Who would have known that his highness's relationship with his family would be this grim?"

"Why are you sounding surprised? Look at the way they carry themselves; why won't it be bad? How could they just barge in without an invitation? Humph!"

"They act so cocky too! Just look at them; they even dared to disobey his Highness's orders because they were royals and "family"!"

"Aren't we royals ourselves? But do we dare come without an invitation?" A person sneered angrily.

"How arrogant they are!"

"They don't deserve to be related to his highness!"
...

A twitch etched its way onto Carrion and Frederick's faces as they heard each word directed at them.

Growls rumbled off their chests as they turned their icy gazes on the people whose voices they heard the loudest.

"Nephew," Carrion called, his eyes swirling red. "You disappoint me. Look how bold your subjects are, even daring to throw snide comments at our faces."

"I am really glad to know that I disappoint you; it's satisfying because you aren't welcome here, and if you can't bear it any longer, you are free to leave."

Never pausing in his strides, Marcos walked up to Frederick.

"I won't repeat myself, but don't think that any blood ties I have with you Would prevent me from hurting you!"

"You wouldn't dare!" Frederick threatened his smirk still on his lips. "But if you insist, then don't blame me for whatever happens, as I have every right to defend myself from you, even if it means hurting things you hold dear."

His clear threat meant he knew something.

The shocking part was that he even dared to threaten Marcos in front of so many people!

"On your knees!" Marcos barked, "Now!"
...

In another part of the world, in a deep underground ring, shouts of excitement and screams of frustration echoed through dark tunnels.

Faces of people going red, either in anger or joy.

Above the ringed cage, a pair of cold eyes scanned through the red faces, his face white as a sheet, his thin lips pulling a small smirk.

"Don!"

An agitated man rushed into the room, his eyes filled with nervousness.

He walked into the room, slowly approaching the man, whose back was the first he saw.

"What is it?" The man, Don, spoke, his voice carrying a hint of irritation.

The man hesitated, his eyes glancing towards the few people in the room, particularly at a gang currently on their knees.

"Speak, Gabriel, and don't waste my time."

Gabriel noticed the danger behind those words, his eyes flickering at the people once more before he opened his lips.

"Sir, the enemy is out of his territory, and it is estimated that he might spend the night out of his castle."

"Hm," the man hummed, narrowing his eyes. "When did he leave?"

"This morning."

"Any ideas where he might be headed?" The man asked.

"Our intel tells us that he attended a ball hosted by his nephew," Gabriel replied without hesitation.

"Nephew?" The man frowned, sounding surprised. "When did Carrion have a nephew?"

"That... We could not get data on." Gabriel answered, fear flashing through his eyes.

"Who would have guessed that sly demon hid it well?" Maliciousness glinted briefly in his eyes, disappearing like it was never there in the first place.

"What would you like to do, Don?"

"Prepare to leave. I would like to see where that fox would hide!" The Don gritted his teeth. "We could even get to watch some shows while at it; who knows?" He chuckled.

"Yes sir!" Gabriel said firmly, ready to leave before he paused. "What do we do with them, sir?"

Gabriel inquired for fear of doing the wrong thing.

Everyone knew how vicious this man was.

"Dispose." He spoke lightly, his tone sounding more like he was talking about eating.

The man's words put the men on their knees, their eyes suddenly dilapidating in panic.

"No, please!"

"Please, it won't happen again!"

"Forgive me, Don; it wasn't my fault; I was only acting according to orders from the king!"

"I have a wife and kid! Please, Don, it won't happen again, I swear! I would never betray you, please!"

Pleas rang through the air as several burly black men surrounded the room, appearing from the shadows.

Soon, chokes and gags were heard, along with muffled grunts and screams, as the men in black dragged the people on the floor.

During the struggle, one of the restrained men broke through, running towards Don, falling on his knees, and daring to grab one of his legs.

Please, sir, forgive me; it was all the king's idea; I had no plans to betray you!"

Disgust flashed through Don's eyes as he ruthlessly shook his leg, throwing a kick at the man.

Bam!

The man flew by a few meters, coughing up our blood.

"You had no plans when you were with the king now, but that didn't mean you didn't think of it." The man sneered, "You think I am a fool? If you didn't think of getting rid of me now, that didn't mean you never thought of it!"

"Your kind disgusts me!" Don jabbed before adding, "I never knew I had such weak, spineless, cowardly dogs as subordinates! I have to thank the King for helping me identify trash like you in my midst, don't you think?"

"Please, sir!" The man begged, desperate to survive.

"I don't keep trash; I dispose of it." The man said it coldly, a gun appearing in his hand.

Bang!

He released the revolver, the bullet leaving a near-hole in between the man's eyebrows.

Mist constantly appears at the end of the fired gun.

He turned to the now frightened men and said, "If any of you dare to be stupid as him, or beg, or go as far as touching me with your disgusting hands, I will see to it that not just you die, but your entire generation follows you to the pit!"

"Drag them out of my sight, and make sure they all suffer forever thinking they could betray me or kill me."

The men in black hastening-ly dragged them out, using a lot more force to ensure none of them could escape.

"What are you still standing here for?" Don yelled at Gabriel.
At once, he apologized, running through the door.

The man (Don) looked out the glass window once more, seeing the red faces of the ones below.

"You can't hide forever, Carrion. I am coming to find you, and this time, this time I promise you'd pay!"

Vote and comment 😁😫