Chapter 46

Look what we have here ʘ‿ʘ another chapter! You should thank me for this cliffhanger!

____________

"Sir!" A sentry called in hysteria, straightening his back as a long shadow cast over his head.

Freezing sweat ran down his back as he denounced himself in the heart of how hapless he was.

"Welcome sir!"

The guard saluted as the figure grew nearer to him with only five meters in between them.

One could already presume how soaring this individual was as his shadow had already informed of his presence before his appearance. Yet, the sun was still a long way from setting.

Feeling like Hades himself was gazing at him, the sentry quivered.

Who would have guessed that His Highness the crown prince would suddenly visit the penitentiary today?!

With his bitter frosty eyes that could freeze the sun, Marcos barely let out a response before walking into the opened dungeon door.

Clank!

The iron railings shook just as his heavy figure passed.

The guard breathed a sigh of relief, muttering bleakly to himself that he failed to notice his Highness's arrival and blew off an opportunity to notify the rest of his colleagues.

Preserving to hear the faint whispers and acts of the guard in front, Marcos strode deeper without delay or hesitation, disregarding how guards broke in fright as he passed.

Occasionally, the wails and screams of prisoners in the cells ceased as he went on to wander deeper into the prison yard.

Passing cells, the gut-retching odor of urine and excreta fought his nose senses.

At times like this, he wished he was accompanied by either his beta or his gamma. His right and left-hand men.

At least that way, he wouldn't be the only one to have his nose suffer.

Unfortunately for him, his beta was in the dungeon, and his gamma, whom he hadn't seen for months now, was finally back accompanied by his mate.

"Halt!"

A pompous voice broke through the haze he had created at some point.

"State your intentions!"

A guard came into view, his haughty appearance unusually odd in a place as nasty as this. Behind him, three young men with the same audacity as he gave.

However all Marcos did was to stare coldly, his sharp dark eyebrows drawn concurrently.

How long had he been away from this dungeon and some of his men had already grown raucous?

They couldn't even acknowledge him!

"Can't you speak?!" One of the young men behind the arrogant male screeched, his face red in outrage.

With an extremely slow trend of his lips, "get lost." He demanded.

"Who do you think you are?!" The haughty man in front prodded with red eyes. "This is my prison yard, how dare you act so snooty?! Even His Highness the crowned Prince has to give me a little respect and talk more of a little fly like you!"

Entertained, "Is that so?" Marcos cracked up, a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

"Of course!" The man confirmed. "You still laugh at me, do you know who I am?"

Teetering his head to the side, "No. Enlighten me." He feigned ignorance on the surface but discreetly, he released a dark pressure.

He desired to find out who gave these idiots enough gutsiness to think they owned this place. Hence, the charade.