chapter 16 " no one lies to me."

"Where is she?" His voice thundered down the halls, scaring the three already frightened ladies more than it should.

Their heads snapped towards the door, eyes wide and hearts pounding in dread.

His heavy footsteps pounded on the ground, leaving angry footprints in their wake.

The cracking of the tiles under his foot echoed in the halls, bouncing off the walls and into the room.

His vicious growls forced whimpers out of their throats, the guards bowing their heads in total submission at the sight of his violent, raging eyes.

"Where. Is. She?"

He roared once more, now at the entrance of the room, his breathing ragged and his nose flaring in anger.

Scared cries escaped their lips, each lady trying to hide from his burning gaze.

"Why has she not changed yet?" He asked, his eyes narrowing at the two ladies in particular.

His eyes flashed once more, his anger coming to the surface as he tried to keep a calm expression.

Eyes downcast and tears brimming in their eyes, they failed to notice his rage.

"I asked a fucking question." His voice boomed, a deep growl cutting through it.

Their shoulders sagged more in shame, tears fell freely on the floor, and they whimpered.

Eyes and heads set downward before Diane spoke up.

"W–we are sorry, Alpha; it's my fault we failed to get her ready on time." She stuttered, sobs flowing after.

"Do you think I am stupid?" He growled, not believing a word she had said.

"N–no alpha." She feared; her eyes were dilapidated, and she was taking steps back.

"Then how dare you fucking lie to my face?" He barked, his face red. "Do you think I can't smell a lie?"

At his words, her face grew sickly pale, and her hands and feet trembled before her knees gave out, causing her to drop on them.

A painful thud sounded around the room, making a few winces at the sound.

Diane groaned, her head hunched, and her hands covered her pained expression.

"A–alpha."
Yvonne blurted shakily, her face as white as a sheet, the colour draining from it.

Marcos whipped his head in an instant, his steady, raging glare landing on the small, young, blue-eyed maid.

"It wasn't her fault, Alpha; please spare her, or she is going to die." She cried, seeing her friend in pain.

She knew what the alpha was doing, and if it continued, she knew Diane was going to die.

He was the Alpha King for a reason—not just because he was superior to them, but for more than that.
A little secret they all knew in his pack and a reason they feared and respected him.

At the mention of death, Lisa's face grew pale, her brain bringing back the memories of the night before—the blood and cries, screams, and bodies of the men she barely knew but who tried to help her.

Her heart banged with guilt, seeing as the same thing was about to happen to these ladies once again.

They had tried to help her, hurry her even, but she delayed them by throwing a stupid tantrum and going into a panic.

"S–stop."

She pleaded, crawling towards the hunched woman who was in pain.
Heads latched and gazes landed on the petite figure of a terrified, crying Lisa, who had crawled up to Diane.

"I said stop!" She yelled, her voice firm but with tears on her face.

She glared at him, her face red and
her cheeks and eyes puffy due to all the crying she had been doing.

"And why should I do that?" Marcos implored, his brow tilted, his face stoic with annoyance.

"That's because she didn't do anything; none of them did." She clarified, with the glare still present.

"She didn't?" He asked, his brows pulling into a frown.

"No, I was the cause; now, release her." She ordered.

"That is not enough reason for me to release her love," he coaxed teasingly.

"She fucking lied to me, knowing how much I hate lies, and I don't care if it was for your sake, sugar; no one lies to my face and goes scott-free." He howled, his once calm facade shattering.

She flinched, her arms tightening around Diane, and now she was too scared to talk.

Another painful screech from Diane made the fear she felt disappear as guilt washed over her once more.

"Release her." She requested, her eyes growing hard with determination.

Marcos squinted his eyes, his sharp gaze landing on his mate, whose name was still unknown to him.

He had researched his mate, finding everything he needed to know about her, but it was all in a file that was currently sitting on his desk in his office.

He hadn't even opened it. It was brought in this morning by his beta, Kaiden.

His eyes glowed a bright red, causing a scream of pain to erupt from Diane.

Seeing that she only increased the woman's pain further as Diane was already on the floor, her breathing hard, and blood trickling down her nose, she began to beg.

"Please!" Lisa yelled, her head facing the huge man, who had a smug look on him.

"Please," she whispered, dejectedly seeing as her efforts were all in vain, and it only made Diane hurt more.

"Stop." She shrieked as a new wave of pain hit Diane, filling the room with her screams.

"I promise you that if she dies, I will hate you for the rest of my life, and nothing will ever make me stop hating you." She threatened.

Where she got the courage, and what made her say those words were beyond her, but it did the trick.

Finally, at her words, he released Diane, and due to the much pain she had endured, the woman passed out.

Huge breaths of relief were taken, the loudest being Lisa's.

Tears flowed freely down her cheeks as she hugged the unconscious woman in her arms.

"What made you think I cared if you hated me?" He asked, his voice sounding cold, his lips pressed tightly, and his face void of any emotion.

She froze, not expecting the question thrown at her.

"I don't know." She breathed out, her voice barely audible, and if it weren't for their supernatural abilities, no one would have heard her reply.

His face grew dark as he watched her closely. "You have ten minutes to get ready; don't be late." He said that before leaving.

"Please, we have to get you ready, I don't want anything to happen again." Yvonne urged, her voice wary.

"But, what about her?" Lisa asked, being pulled up by the arm by Yvonne while pointing at Diane in concern.

"Don't worry about her; worry about
yourself," Yvonne stated with a worried frown.

"The guards would have her moved to a clinic." She replied, stripping Lisa of every piece of clothing on her body.

"Oh!" She responded, a deep blush on her puffy face.

"Yes, besides, you are about to have a meal with the devil himself. Worry about that."

      Vote|| comment 😁.