chapter 47 The king has been shot!

Shout-out to all my readers and commenters out there even if I don't react on time I still love you 😘

"That's today?" Marcos almost panicked.

How could he forget that was today? He had been calculated.

His enemies knew his every move and he still didn't know half of who he was facing.

The blood moon was no small joke. This was the time when most supernaturals were either the strongest or the weakest.

For werewolves, this blood moon was a dangerous time for them.

Every few weeks before the blood moon, most, if not all wolf packs had already begun the preparations for the lockdown for that night.

Chains, cells, stakes, boulders. Every and anything that could hold them down was readily made.

The blood moon was like a drug pill for werewolves. They were vulnerable and went crazy. They attacked and killed everyone close to them even their mates were not spared.

It was one of the only times where as wolves they weren't united.

The only ones who weren't affected were the gifted ones among them, known as the strays.

One of the main reasons aristocrats fought like crazy just to get them.

"How much time until the blood moon starts?" Marcos' deep voice broke through the silence.

"Eight hours your highness." Seven steadily replied.

Thinking to himself, he said, "That's more than enough time for things to change. Send half the force over and immediately implement rescue and lockdown mode across all packs."

"Yes, highnesses!"

"Where is Luiz?" Marcos asked, not sighting the short man among the secret guards.

Luiz was a guard specially trained by him. He was also the Seven's assistant.

Eyes flashing a complicated look, Seven answered. "He stayed as a lookout in the west border along with a few of the guards."

"Wise," Marcos commented. "Disperse."

Like smoke, the secret guards disappeared like they had never been there in the first place.

"Kaiden!" Marcos called out to his beta who spaced out at some point in time. "Hurry up!"

His long legs covered a huge disdain on time. His walking steps were more like a human man jogging.

Coming out of the gloomy, dark dungeons, he noticed how much time had passed.

The sun had almost set. He wondered how his mate and brother were doing.

This was also one of his major concerns. If his enemies were smart enough to attack on a day like this, he wouldn't want to think of what might happen if he stayed away from the palace for a second longer.

Walking towards a G wagon, with the car door already opened, and the chauffeur at the side, he sat in.

"Sir!"

He heard his beta's voice and a frown appeared on his face. His lips were drawn tight.

He didn't want his beta in his car. The man reeked and it took him almost everything not to throw up.

"Run," Marcos didn't even wind the car window when he said it nor did he look at his beta but he added, "You are a wolf, not a human."

He didn't say the exact reason though.