chapter 17 "bloodlust"

"Mother!"

A deep, angry voice called out, his raging footsteps pounding the floor and echoing down the massive corridors, a thick vein prominent at the side of his neck.

"Mother!" 

He yelled, coming to a halt in front of a white door and kicking it open, making the maids in the room freeze in fear.

His dark, angry gaze swept through the room, not finding the person he was seeking.

"Get out, all of you." He barked, his rage seeping. 

"Now!" He roared, his eyes glowing with a dark fury.

The maids scrambled out of the room in a hurry, their tails between their legs.

He walked into the room, his feet finding the closest thing before swinging at it.

"Smash!" 

A small wooden table met its end after being flung harshly against the wall.

Then he hit a flower vase against the wall, followed by the breaking of a full-length mirror.

"Smash!"

A glass table was flung to the other side of the room.

"I wish you were dead!" He growled, his face red.

"Why didn't you die?" 

He cried out in anger, his eyes flickering with bloodlust.

His eyes were red with madness, his mind picturing somebody beneath him, his hands wrapped around their necks, and his fangs snapping at their necks.

"Die!"

"Die!"

"Die!"

He kept yelling and thrashing the whole room, his hands now becoming claws and swiping at the bed, digging into and ripping out its contents furiously.

"Frederick." 

A loud, ladylike shriek came from the entrance of the door, snapping him out of his trance.

He turned his head swiftly towards the door, his eyes glaring threateningly at the intruder.

"What is all this?" She asked, appalled by his sudden behaviour.

His deep growl rang out, with eyes still glaring at the small woman who had dared ask, his eyes flashing menacingly, with bloodlust clouding them.

"I asked you a question, Frederick." She responded, standing her ground and not seeming fazed by the death glare or his deep growls.

She walked fully into the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Explain yourself, this instant young man." She wondered with her arms scouled beneath her chest, an impassive and unimpressed look on her slightly wrinkled face.

A growl escaped his chest; his blood was boiling, and his wolf instincts acted up at being ordered and called a young man.

In one swift motion, his hands were wrapped around her thin neck, her back was smashed against the door, his angry growls were growing louder, and his eyes were flashing unhealthily and grimly.

"How dare you order me?" He snarled, bringing his sharp fangs closer to her face.

"Let go of me this instant, Fredrick." She said, anger laced in her words, trying to force his masculine hands from her neck, her eyebrows pulled in an angry frown, her glare meeting his own.

"Bang!"

He smacked her back into the wall again, his hands growing tighter around her neck, her desperate gasping for air matching her shocked wide eyes.

"Do you want to die?" He asked with a threatening growl, his claws drawing blood from the side of her neck as he slowly sank them in, one after the other.

"If you want to die, then I can grant your wish this moment."

"Are you out of your mind?Fredrick!?" She said, choking and struggling to breathe.

"Perhaps I am." He answered vaguely. "What are you going to do about it?" He replied mildly amused, a smirk stretching his lips.

"I will beat the snot out of you. That is what I am going to do about it." 

His wrapped hands around her neck tightened even more, making her eyes roll to the back a little.

His claws dug deeper, and the pressure of it all made her wheeze for air.

Her wrinkled face aged in an instant; her face went pale; and her lipstick-covered lips were covered in saliva as she choked on them, making it dribble on the side.

"Stop." She wheezes out, her hands repeatedly tapping on his arms furiously.

"I–I can't breathe." She stammered, her voice growing faint.

"Then just die already." He growled, slamming her into the wall once more, her head hitting the wall with so much force that blood oozed.

"F—Frederick."

She called out weakly, her arms dropping to the side and her eyes rolling to the back of her head—only the whites of her eyes showed.

"S—son." She cried, with tears leaking from her eyes, feeling her breaths become more painful each time she tried to breathe.

"It's m–me. It is y—your m–mom." She said, in between breaths, she felt her eyes slowly closing.

At that very moment, the word "mom" rang out. His brain picked this word, his hands loosening around her neck.

"Mom?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, his left eyebrow cocked.

His once raging eyes now returning to their normal colour.

"Mom!"

He shouted, his disoriented mind now restored to normal, seeing the state in which he had put his now almost lifeless mother, who was in his arms, on the floor and soaked in her blood.

Due to the bloodlust that clouded his mind, he could not distinguish who was who.

He was so bent on killing whoever he wanted to die that he even mistook his mother for the person.

"I am so sorry, I was not myself." He cried, carrying his mother in his arms. "Please forgive me."

Tears poured endlessly down his cheeks as his hands wandered around her body, trying to find a pulse.

He found it, but it was very faint. He carried her to the bed, kicking every broken item on the floor.

The bed was in no better condition as he struggled to place her on the only neat side of the damaged fabric.

If it were a human who had been in her place, he was very positive the person would have died long ago, but seeing that it was his mother, he now knew why his mind remained clouded with the desire to kill.

"You should have stopped me, mom." He said, wiping the blood from her neck with a wet rag he took from the bathroom.

"Why didn't you stop me!" He raged. 

"You needed to cool down." was her timid reply before she closed her eyes.

"You could have died." He sobbed, his resolve breaking.

Tears dropped onto her face as he towered over her on the bed.

"I know you can never kill me, baby." She cooed, her eyes droopy.

"You love me too much to do that." She spoke softly, opening her eyes.

"Never do that again." He said, hardening his gaze, tears still on his face.

"Hm." She hummed, cupping his face and staring into his eyes. "Now, tell me why my room is in this state."

Hearing her question and remembering what caused all this in the first place, made his rage surface once more.

Steam popped out of his ears, his eyes flashed once more, and a thick vein appeared on his head.

"Marcos found his mate."

Vote and comment 😁