- Prologue -

"Gulf, are you done yet?" My mum yelled from down the stairs.

"Yes, mum. Just in a bit," I yelled back from my room. I slung my backpack hurriedly and grabbed my necklace.

Mum chuckled at how messy I am, clearly not ready even when I said "just in a bit". I tried to slip my shoes while tying my necklace (which surprisingly works) causing my mum to shake her head at me.

"We don't want you to miss your first day, baby"

"I'm done, we can go now." I hurriedly say.

"A- ah, not so fast, young man. You forgot your breakfast, honey,"

"I'll fetch something from the machine, now can I have my keys?"

"I'm driving you today."

"Ugh, mum... I'm not 14."

"Actually, Mild is also coming and I'm giving both of you a ride whether you like it or not,"

"He's tagging along?"

"Uh-hu, got a flat tire so his car won't work,"

"Oh, where's h-" I said but was cut off by the sound of someone knocking.

"There."

"Yeah, well, no shit, mum"

"Just because you're 18 doesn't mean you could curse in front of me, young man." I grinned at my mum before scurrying over to the front door, greeting Mild with my big smile and our special bump.

"Hey, Mae." He greeted my mum cheekily.

"Hi, Mild. You ready, kids?"

"For another day at the hell? No, but I have no choice anyway," I said, rolling my eyes tiredly.

"It's not just 'another day' for Gulfie here," Mild said as he slung his arm around my shoulder.

"Ahh... newbie, people would probably love you anyway,"

I groaned at both of them, quickly sliding into the passenger seat as my mum slid into the driver's and Mild into the backseat. The drive was basically filled with small chit-chat that I don't bother participating in as I was too busy thinking about all the possibilities.

"Alright, we're here, babies!!!" My mum announced excitedly which snaps me from my wonder.

"Thanks for the ride, Mae"

"You're welcome, my second son. Take care of Gulfie for me, yeah?"

"Of course, I will, Mae"

"I'm right here, you know." I groaned again in annoyance as they spoke like I wasn't even there.

"I love you, baby. I'll see you after school. Do you need me to pick you up?"

"No, thank you. The bus or Uber will do, I love you, mum"

"Bye, babies, have a good day!" We waved at my mum and watched her drive off before I let out a heavy sigh.

"Why is she so embarrassing sometimes?" I asked rhetorically.

"You're her only child, my mum basically the same to me,"

"Well, yeah, but you know what I mean."

"Oh, c'mon, it's not that bad."

"Shut up, come help me get my schedule and shit,"

"Do you even know where the administrator room is?" Mild asked dumbly.

"No, hence why I'm forcing you to tag along."

We got everything I need pretty quick, having quite some time before our classes started. But sadly for me, I have zero class with Mild. I sighed again in annoyance, my nerves quickly building up again.

"I'll see you at lunch, okay? I'll come to get you from Madam Oceane so don't wander off." Mild said with that warning gaze of his.

"Yes, mum!"

"Oh, hush up, you flower child"

"Asshole!"

"Bye, Gulf! I'll see you in a few hours!" flower child my ass, tsk!

I waved at him and watched him run to his class that was placed on the other side of the corridor. I walked into the class with my head held high, hiding my nerve with this confident façade. Everyone was so busy with their own groups, clearly already having friends and don't need a new kid in their group. I walked towards the very back row and choose the middle sit, hopefully, no one have this seat yet.

The seats on my left were filled with this group that keeps gushing over their significant other. I heard some stuff that I don't think I need to know, but they seem pretty open-minded since I heard one guy say he has a boyfriend and one girl said she has a girlfriend and the rest were totally fine with it.

I fished my phone out and was trying to type a message for Mild when one of them called out my name,

"Yo, new kid!"

"Uh, me?" I asked dumbly, watching the blonde hair guy confusedly.

"Yes, you. Wanna join in? You seem lonely,"

"Sure, uh I mean, if it's not a bother?"

"'course, not. Come over here," Another guy said. He has jet-black hair with a blue streak and has his arms slung over the previous blonde lad. I awkwardly got up and walked toward them. A guy with black hair swiftly slung his arm around my shoulder, causing me to timidly smile.

"What's your name, mate?"

"It's Gulf," I timidly said.

"Nice to know you, I'm Kellin. The guy that called you is Alex and the man beside him is his boyfriend Jack. That girl with purple hair is Ashley, but she prefers to be called Halsey, the one with blonde hair is Leonee, and the last girl is Bleta."

"H- hi..." I waved my hand awkwardly, forcing a timid smile out as well.

"He's cute, I like him,"

"I'm uh... gay, sorry"

"So am I, babe," Leonee said causing the other to laugh.

"Oh, cool!" dumb answer, Gulfie, shake my head.

"Welcome to the club, Gulf."

"Thanks, Ash- I mean, Halsey."

"You can call me Ashley if you're more comfortable with ti" She said winking at me which made me chuckle.

"Alright, thanks, Ashley."

"Okay, as I was saying before, I went to this lit AF party with my boyfriend last summer and goddamn, it was an actual college party with actual booze and all those good stuff and guesses what? We had extremely great fun afterwards, he was so ugh... I still remember every second of it despite me being kind of drunk and he-"

"Woah, Woah, that's enough, gurl. We don't wanna know the rest of the stuff." Alex said, a teasing laugh escaping his lips.

"You said to tell you guys my summer!" Ashley fired back.

"Those details not needed, gurl" Jack chipped in while chuckling.

"But he seems cool, your boyfriend I mean,"

"You can't just say that in front of your boyfriend, Alex," Kellin said causing us to laugh.

"Eh, it's fine. We're fine with calling other guys cool. It's no biggie as long as he won't catch the feeling," Jack said.

"Of course, I wouldn't. I got you, duh." Alex said, pecking Jack's lips quickly.

"What about you, Gulf?" Bleta asked.

"Me?"

"Yeah, you. Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, I got one."